The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any suggestions on another fast car

Guest Geneb

Skyline GTR would be nice but I think the GTS is too slow and I had a nightmare getting one insured despite the fact there slower then the Supe

GTS is not slow !!! where did you get that from ???

Skylines are insurance ins grp 35 and for me insurance was same either GTS or GTR my Supra NA was £297 fully comp protected and the Skyline was £500, I chose GTS is lighter and more fun and cheaper to maintain

The reason Skylines are hard to insure is FACT stastically they are written off in first 3 mths of ownership

Thanks to ebay and cheap £4k dogs of Skylines young early 20 somethings are paying £3k TP only to insure them and then think they are Drift kings ... great... f+++ks it up for the rest of us

Never mind though they only get to their 3rd insurance installment before its write off ... oh well plenty of cheap spares on ebay !!LOL!!

Guest StevenSheen

I owned one for 9 months....Single turbo really didnt do it for me, it was reliable and handled ok...but all the time I was in it thanks to the dull as ditch water interior I thought I was back in a primera again. Plus the thing cost me 40% more to insure then a TT supra and they are considerably faster.

The RX8 is a good car, my mate had one for a bit but sold it due to fuel consumption...although it was probably better the the supe TT lol ;)

Guest StevenSheen
xk8??

*waits to get shot down in flames*

i quite like them!

There lovely cars! Cant get a better GT for less then one of those. Probably not quite what his after though ;)

Guest Geneb

Skylines are insurance ins grp 35 and for me insurance was same either GTS or GTR my Supra NA was £297 fully comp protected and the Skyline was £500, I chose GTS is lighter and more fun and cheaper to maintain

The reason Skylines are hard to insure is FACT stastically they are written off in first 3 mths of ownership

Thanks to ebay and cheap £4k dogs of Skylines young early 20 somethings are paying £3k TP only to insure them and then think they are Drift kings ... great... f+++ks it up for the rest of us

Never mind though they only get to their 3rd insurance installment before its write off ... oh well plenty of cheap spares on ebay !!LOL!!

Well put and very true, seeing more kids driving skylines now than ever before

xk8??

*waits to get shot down in flames*

i quite like them!

they are nice im going to look at one on thursday:d

When an xk8 was mentioned earlier in the thread, I thought, what a load of bollocks. You can't get an xk8 fro £10k??

How wrong I was!! I think it's the magical 100,000 miles that has brought the price down. I would have it though, especially a convertible too.........:cool:

H.

Guest StevenSheen
When an xk8 was mentioned earlier in the thread, I thought, what a load of bollocks. You can't get an xk8 fro £10k??

How wrong I was!! I think it's the magical 100,000 miles that has brought the price down. I would have it though, especially a convertible too.........:cool:

H.

100k on a GT like that esp with a new gearbox is nothing to worry about...will prob do 200k no worries....I would buy that...If I had 10k under the mattress...

.but all the time I was in it thanks to the dull as ditch water interior I thought I was back in a primera again.

HA HA .. You are certainly not wrong there ... yep lovely back jap plastic, The Supra is the same unfortunatley as are all Jap cars,

Amazing how you can add a touch of class in the Skyline for next to nothing though simply by spraying the console gearlever surround and door handle eschuteons (inside handle surruonds) titanuim silver with loads of laquer 100% better inside

The RX8 is a good car, my mate had one for a bit but sold it due to fuel consumption...although it was probably better the the supe TT lol ;)

yeah 220 to a tank if you drive them like they were meant be the mpg is shocking average the missus gets is 23 mpg, but TBH its such a great car and a pleasure to drive that after a while you forget about the mpg

Guest Geneb

nope that aint it the convertible is for those gits called nigel who wear caps and chino's and play golf every day.

nah im after a Coupe or XKR IF I CAN GRAB A FEW MORE GRAND:d

H.

XK8 is a beauty to look at but make sure you have deep pockets, I have a mate who has worked for Jag for many years and he says the build quality is shocking and loads of probs and water leaks etc

Shame as its a lovely looking car ( should be designed by the Aston Martin bloke)

My brother in law worked for Merc for years before emigrating and said that was a real eye opener !!! really unreliable, shocking repair costs and poor build quality, you are buying the name he reckons certainly the not the product, but there again same can be said for most German stuff they gone down hill and if you look in the reliability and customer satisfaction lists for last 5 years they are all at the bottom along with the french crap, and dare i say it Land Rover (i won't go there!! )

Honda .Toyota are constantley at the top

I'd go for a Fiat Multipla. Style, great looks and performance. :)

We had one as company car at work , GOD THEY ARE UGLY!!

But they are actually really nice to drive ( stop laughing!!)

I used to just keep a pair of dark glasses and baseball cap in the glovebox though in case i got spotted