The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz Nur Spec on an N/a

rovervi

IME the major downside to the Nur is drone. I'm not sure this is such an issue on the NA's, but on the TT it makes motorway journeys aweful.

Probably the NA lads can confirm if they get this on their's

Edit - I picked up a brand new Boostlogic full 4inch system for less than that ebay add for the NUR ;) It's nearly twice that retail but sometimes these items come up. The BL sounds like nothing else on earth :D Tis a bit loud though...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IME the major downside to the Nur is drone. I'm not sure this is such an issue on the NA's, but on the TT it makes motorway journeys aweful.

Edit - I picked up a brand new Boostlogic full 4inch system for less than that ebay add for the NUR ;) It's nearly twice that retail but sometimes these items come up. The BL sounds like nothing else on earth :D Tis a bit loud though...

Yeah i agree there homer, i find the blitz nur spec does drone a bit. Especially on the motorway. Not good for my ears! :D

Edit- Homer, your BL system, you said it sounds like nothing on this earth?? Hmm....thats got me interested! What does it sound like?? :D

Edit- Homer, your BL system, you said it sounds like nothing on this earth?? Hmm....thats got me interested! What does it sound like?? :D

Loud. Very, very loud. From what i've heard so far it doesn't sound too special on a TT, but on a single it's awesome.

You'll hear it soon enough ;)

Have a listen to Terry's with the same pipe here (48secs in): http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=93260

My car is directly after it (2 yr old vid with TT and RSR). Needless to say it sounds a bit different now!

Mate I've got an RSR on mine a custom stainless steel pipe from first cat with second cat removed then RSR straight to the back and WOW loud isn't a word that can explain it.

I went on the JAPGirls tunnel run, so a 160 mile round trip and could'nt hear a thing when I got back, mind you turned plenty of heads in the west end and everyone at the ACE Cafe were wondering how much BHP I was running because of the noise.

So I got a muffler from Envy for it and although its quiter now me and others agree it sounds better, meaty, loud enough to make people look and most of all much more pleseant on the motorway.

I would highly recommend it as you was looking for a meaty noise but not being deafened.

thanks for all the info guys and gals sounds like all positive vibes, the motorway issue, is this with the baffle out? if so would putting it back in make it a little less annoying (never go on the motorway but just wondering) ;)

Yeah this is with the baffle out mate, depends what you like though. Personally other than the MOT, i would never have the baffle in, it sounds way too muted! :D

Still, i defenetely recommend this system though!

Yeah this is with the baffle out mate, depends what you like though. Personally other than the MOT, i would never have the baffle in, it sounds way too muted! :D

Still, i defenetely recommend this system though!

would it fail MOT with baffle out?

Its litterally a 1 minute job. It just slots back into the exhaust and has a small bolt to secure it.

cool no probs there then, whats the cheapest people have picked the nur spec up for? and how does the price of the nur spec compare to what people have paid for others such as the RSR and hks etc

i have the whole system on mine and it sounds great. it went stright throw the MOT. it sounds get at low revs and at high revs gives a really nice rumble. on mine there is a quite stop at round 3,000 which is great on the motorways.

it looks great as well. mine is crome and looks great at night. alot of money but well worth it. you want any more than just ask,

cheers mark

This lady can confirm the NA is much worse in terms of drone than the TT at motorway speed

Keiths got a nur on his TT full decat and its a positive pleasure compared to my NA - indeed its the car of choice for a long journey

This lady can confirm the NA is much worse in terms of drone than the TT at motorway speed

Keiths got a nur on his TT full decat and its a positive pleasure compared to my NA - indeed its the car of choice for a long journey

Thanks for the info, is this with or without the baffle?

Thanks for the info, is this with or without the baffle?

Usually without, obviously the baffle helps, but once you've got both cats out its still pretty damn noisy.

Don't get me wrong, I love how loud the car is, but they are mental - cold idle when defrosting in winter is actually a tad embarassing! Plus if you've got neighbours who are likely to be funny about it - you use the car early in the morning/late at night, then I would consider keeping the cats/and or baffle in.

Whats a good price? I can get one for £430 is that decent?

It is the cheapest I found and it looks and sounds great. I looked into importing from Japan for around £200 but could not wait for it to be shipped over. I also looked at buying from the US but by the time you put VAT and shipping on the price you were only saving a a few quid