The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bluewater/Southend meets

Golddigga

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, ive been giving this a bit of thought. The regular bluewater meets tended to bomb out due to it being too frequent and not enought attendance. Im going to sugest that regular meets are not encouraged as I suspect it will do eactly the same. What i will put foward is a one off, like the big southenders. Perhaps we could have one before the anual big southend meet which is usaully May time. Mid April good for peeps?

Month or two sounds good to me..

Think the previous problem was it was nearly weekly or every two weeks there was some kind of meet there..

I was always interested but alot of the time if i was a bit busy i would think to myself "well its alright if i dont go as there will be one next week" etc..

Just an idea as well could we do a wednesday..

A to break up the week a bit.. :p

Yeah if you would be so kind.

Yeah the membership cards would be a way of identifying those that actually have the right to be there.

Surely just bringing the Supe would imply that you are member of the MKIV Supra owners club?

unless you turn up in a Nova then you would have to bring your membership card :D :d

A meet does sound good @ Bluewater - I've been once before and its a good place especialy the lower levels because of the lighting on the bodywork!!

Spoke to the Big Wig at Bluewater yesterday, the Property Manager.

He was basically trying to fob us off as a yobbish car club until i explained to him exactly what we are about, it goes a little something like this (Run DMC).

"We are the biggest (i hope so) supra owners club in the UK with alot of members accross the country. Our South-Eastern branch is looking for somewhere to accomodate us so that members can see each others cars and have a good old natter without the constraints of public houses's."

He replied:

"We have had alot of problems with car clubs sitting in the carparks and causing havok, racing about and reving there engines. Even tho we do not have any housing near the property itself we do need to keep a lid on what happens whilst the shoppers are away. They expend our resources and are causing more trouble everytime they return."

I replied:

"I can understand that there has been problems in the past but there wont be problems with us, our members are above the age of 20 and the cars that we drive are not cheap bits of rubbish to be throwing all of the place. We are enthusiasts, not a bunch of people who have a contest to who makes the most noise. The cars will be stationary with engines off, unless getting ready to go. I rang you up today, as we are a respectable club and would only use Bluewater when we are given permission. We don't want a bad reputation and if that was the case we would find somewhere else to go."

He Replied:

"It seems as your an exception to the rule, he then went onto talk about insurance purposes, as all cars under the property aren't protected by it's insurance there could be problems with liability."

I replied:

"Im sure the members wouldn't have a problem signing a liability clause with bluewater to rid you off any worries about legal proceedings."

Do we have a club insurance?

He Replied:

"Well im very pleased that you have called us to discuss this matter, i will speak to our new manager of bluewater (cant remember title) and see what he has to say and ill give you a call back."

---------------------------------------------

Well it seems to be in the pipeline atleast. I will keep you updated.

I did say to him whether or not when the time comes for a representative to come for a meeting, this would be possible. Daman?

Cheers

I have no problems, comming along to a meeting. Althou i am some 5 50 odd miles away so i can have a chat with him should the meet go ahead :)

We do not have a club insurance, and it would be far too expensive to cover this cost everytime this meet happens. Its private property so in theory our insurance is null and void, but as long as everyone is sensible then we shouldnt have a problem.

Hope they let us back, i went to the odd BW meet last year, it was very very good, untill the chavs turned up :(

Nowt wrong with them coming, they will probably be the next generation of owners, but do what the rest of use do, park up and go look around on foot.