The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA to TT Conversion finished! Pics

iain2010

Nice one Iain, looks good, will be doing mine at the weekend!:cool:

Fair play! What are you going for? power/ gearbox wise?

great car, bet thats bloody quick with a 5 speed on it, Jody did a bit of work on my car at the weekend, did a top job so i'm well pleased very nice to meet him and Dave, cheers Jody i'll be back down soon :)

It is really quick, I have never driven a 6 speed before but the thing i like about the 5 speed is if you change right you can keep the second turbo online all the way through the gears!! :D

Fair play! What are you going for? power/ gearbox wise?

It's all stock for now, I got a really low mileage engine and gearbox off Jezzybabes plus all the other bits needed to drop it straight in!

I wanted to do a 6spd conversion at the same time but will have to wait untill funds will stretch to it!

I've got plans of doing this too - to be honest I've had the idea since I got the Supe last year. I have the uprated clutch and LSD already which is good, not too sure about the suspension so I'm halfway there.

One major question though - what happens with your insurance?? Do you say its now a TT and dont give the model? When I convert mine it will be an SZ-R twin turbo, do I sat its a GZ for example and risk a claim not being covered?

I've got plans of doing this too - to be honest I've had the idea since I got the Supe last year. I have the uprated clutch and LSD already which is good, not too sure about the suspension so I'm halfway there.

One major question though - what happens with your insurance?? Do you say its now a TT and dont give the model? When I convert mine it will be an SZ-R twin turbo, do I sat its a GZ for example and risk a claim not being covered?

Well my insurance has shot up due to it :( but at least now i have an agreed valuation! I had to give the year of the engine and they just insured it with that, everything declared.

I would seriously consider doing your suspension when you get chance, its alright having all the power but if you cant put it down... ;)

Iain, great job mate and an excellent bit of work (or quite a bit!) by Jody. :)

Just keep off that Loud pedal in these early stages pal, until it warms up a little more.

No more a member of the NA boys hey! ;)

Thanks very much! :) Yeah Jodys a top man! :thumbs: cant stress that enough!

I know what you mean about taking it easy! like i said before i drive like a women so should be alright!! :cool:

I don't know about Iain, but it will make very little difference to me, I have declared to the insurance company that it will be a TT conversion and I was quoted what people my age and the same no claims are paying (just over £1000).

Edit: Iain has already replied!

I don't know about Iain, but it will make very little difference to me, I have declared to the insurance company that it will be a TT conversion and I was quoted what people my age and the same no claims are paying (just over £1000).

Edit: Iain has already replied!

Ive just looked in your garage and you have a really good base car, being a SZ-R i bet you have ABS and LSD+ you have already done your suspension! Its a lot better than mine was. (to be honest mine was dying!)

Ive just looked in your garage and you have a really good base car, being a SZ-R i bet you have ABS and LSD+ you have already done your suspension! Its a lot better than mine was. (to be honest mine was dying!)

Mine doesn't have ABS or a LSD! which leads me to beleive that it's not an sz-r:( But I have done the suspension:)

Mine doesn't have ABS or a LSD! which leads me to beleive that it's not an sz-r:( But I have done the suspension:)

Oh thats a bit of a bummer! :( Jody highly recommended the LSD. I dont know much about the differences between the SZ-R and sz but that does sound like the same model as mine was so maybe just the sz