The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How low is too low?

charlton

mine is 10 and 1/2 cm of the ground...lucky enough its my weekend car..ooothat sounds posh..lol i do have to be really carefull when going over speed humps...some i cant..now the mot is up i have to c if the car fits on the mot ramps!!!!

it was lowerd with tein susp when i got it from japan, but speed humps was fine untill i bought a Do-luck bumper

[qimg]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/DSC00112.jpg[/qimg]

where in Surrey are you? The MOT place opposite my work has ramps that are flush with the floor if you want the tel number - its in Addlestone/Weybridge

Speed bumps are recommended to be no higher than 10cm. As though the idiots who put them in have no idea what 10cm is they are some time higher.

My soop was 10cm at the front and only hit kerbs and not speed bumps but i did have to go over them slowly.

GTR is 9cm and so far only got stuck going into a garage to get fuel as the ramp was to steep :(

Can I just say that this thread about height became especially significant today as a guy who does mobile wheel refurbs came to my house and couldn't get any of his jacks under the car.!!

He reckons the work he's does on Porsche's etc have not been as low as mine. I wonder how he would get on with some of yours. I'll post up some pics later to see if mine is considered low or not. I certainly didn't think so before today!!:)

H.

Can I just say that this thread about height became especially significant today as a guy who does mobile wheel refurbs came to my house and couldn't get any of his jacks under the car.!!

He reckons the work he's does on Porsche's etc have not been as low as mine. I wonder how he would get on with some of yours. I'll post up some pics later to see if mine is considered low or not. I certainly didn't think so before today!!:)

H.

I had the same problem with the black sup above, I used to keep 2 short blocks of wood to drive up on first. :blink:

If you can get a jack under then it means your cars to high. :)

LOL, not measured mine yet but it is quite low now I've fitted the DoLuck bumper. It already had Eibach springs fitted so speed bumps are gonna be a problem now. Also need blocks of wood to get on and off the drive.

Gonna have to move house again. :D