The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Almost another one biting the dust

Millsy

Sorry to hear about this.

My sister had a similar incident a couple of years back, but she was the one pulling out. There were cars parked all along the road she was pulling out onto, so she had to creep forward a bit onto the road to get a clear view. Then some woman came hurtling along the road from my sisters right and clipped her front offside corner. Due to the location of the accident and the fact that my sister had technically "pulled out" (in the eyes of the law, but it was necessary to actually see the traffic) it was her fault and the other woman claimed against my sister.

Sounds like a similar situation, but even more clear cut. As people have said, don't let them intimidate you. A give way line is a give way line, no matter what the circumstances. Maybe she was driving with a "what you can't see can't hurt you" mentality.

Good luck in pursuing it!

which junction in benfleet was it? its a complete bitch around there.

would have thought as you are coming from the right, you have the right of way, there for its her fault.

I think thats correct too. Can understand your anger, had someone go into my car at an island, insurers just wanted to settle 50/50, i was furious, took him to court and proved him to be in the wrong. Try and get photos of all nearby signs and markings from all junctions around too.

As for the family calling you: just refer them to your insurers, try not to bite though its tempting cus the devious bas@@rds may twist your words to their own ends. Feel for you mate. Good luck and hope you get the supra mended without too much agro.x

In one of my old cars I had a similar situation.

Fortunatly for me I was being followed by a police car so had them as a witness.

It still took 10 months to get my month though back from excess and sort liability even though I had police witness, another witness and drawn diagrams from them both.

Oh and to top it off the guy stank of booze but wasn't breathlised.

Yep she's blatantly in the wrong.... Completely illegal sitting in hatching (even if you do need to do it to see the traffic) so try and get them to put that statement in writing as it will speed up the process no end :)

Get plenty of photos of the junction and draw some diagrams of where each vehicle was...

I do sympatise with her as sometimes it is difficult to see traffic but if your obviously having to break the law and an accident results, why deny it???

Can't believe how stupid some people can be. Was on the A13 near Benfleet this morning, saw a Yaris looking to go right from a junction on my left. She's already encroached into the yellow cross-hatched box a little. Anyway, get closer and I can see she hasn't looked to her right once, she's just looking to her left to see when it's clear. Get even closer and I'm thinking she's bound to look my way in a minute and not move. But then without looking she just starts pulling out! Slammed on my brakes and tried to swerve but she just kept coming. And ended up going into me.

First all sorry to hear about this mate hope the text helps a little bit.

Just been reading this. i deal thing like this every day in my job (traffic officer) if you are on a stright road and she is turning into your path than it is her fault. as for her dad calling you give the times and dates to your insurance, the more time he calls you the better. you do need to get photos, and also the time and weather was like, it might be worth doing a drawing of the road and passing it to your insurance. i would inform the police, the reason why is you will get a police URN number which you give to your insurance and this will have your side of the story and other driver, but what i would say is that my say dont bother as no one was hurt they can afford the man power to do statments just bear that in mind.

1.you need to get photos of the damage to your car and if you can her car.

2.photos of were it happened

3.do a drawing of it and were the cars ended up and the impact points on the road.

4.keep a log of all the phone calls fomr the other party i.e times and what was said.

5.And than let the insurance company deal with it. it my take time but they almost get in right all of the time.

6.this my sound like a stupied thing to say, dont lay it back fires on poeple. the insurance company should send a inspector to look at your car and ask for the deatils again of how it happend and form what you say and the damage on the car they put the two together to see if it a true clam.

hope this helps

it seems every thing i have said here has been said all ready. but good luck and hope you get the supra back to its fromer state.

Thanks for all your comments guys. Needless to say I didn't get too much sleep last night as I was going over and over it again in my mind. Looking at the damage on my car she actually went into the side of me - just in front of the front wheel, so that's got to help my cause. Should I make sure it's inspected BEFORE the insurance company take it away for repair?

And woken up with a stinking cold.

Get some time off work and get down there man, the sooner you get the photos and evidnce the sooner your back on the road.

No doubt they will try and wiggle out of it, people nowadays can't hold their hands up when their wrong, just state the facts, there is nothing more you can do.

As said earlier include the phone conversations and "quote" what the dad said to you in said statement.

Good luck Buddy try not to think about it so much it will drive you mad ;)

A lady did this to me 4 years ago- she pulled out in her Merc A class infront of my MR2T giving me about a car-lengths notice. Luckily I was only doing 15mph but still hit her hard enough to almost knock the Merc over onto it's side- I still rmember the rear offside wheel 2 feet above my head. How it didn't topple I will never know. She tried to claim it was my fault, luckily two witnesses backed me up and she was charged with driving without due care.

What was a real eye opener was the amount of people who drove past while a bloke with a dislocated shoulder is stuck in his car. The witnesses moved me & my car and some lentil slurping tree hugging youghurt weaving soap dodger pronounced to the world I was speeding as she comforted the doddery old dear. Luckily a witness told her to go to an opticians.

Guest Phillw454

sorry to hear that mate, i hate twats that dont look!!! you can always tell there going to do something stupid, had 1 or two close calls as it is, its not like a supra is quiet or hard to see is it:search:

if youv got witness's then shes got no chance of disputing it, best of luck.

Damage etc would suggest it was her that swerved in to you aswell

This happened to Mike in his old car. Someone did exactly the same to him. Apparently the fault lay with the other person because if you're pulling out of a junction you shouldn't change the speed or direction of traffic on the main road. Of course this never happened in reality but hopefully that's the way yours will go too.

People are dead cheeky where we live and always just pull onto the main road without looking the other way. Sometimes I feel like just driving into them.