The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max Power write up on my car

markssupra

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bog standard now mate.;) No pics as yet.

But saying that, that is the reason I was skeptical last night.

Just phoned plod and got the guys collar number if I need to talk to him again.

He said as this guy hasn't commited an offence yet other than posing to be from Max Power I should wait to hear from this guy and if he wants to set up a meet I should contact them again.

Alright mate, sounds a bit suspect, what did he look like. There is a remote possibility that he is a freelancer who shoots cars for features and then tries to sell them to mags. Just gave the Max name as he knew most people would have heard of that one. Used to happen a lot when I worked there, normally with pervvy photographers who were trying to lure young wannabe models back to their 'studios'!

Alright mate, the guy was about 5' 10" with short dark hair and slim build. Seemed pleasant enough but you never can tell these days.

Ok, the only guys that come close to that description are Simon Penson or Rich Beech - both quite new to the mag and don't know masses about cars so it could have been one of them but I doubt either of them would have been down there. There was a guy called James Lawrence that worked there for a bit when there was a re-design going on but he also knew very little about cars - big nose and glasses and quite tall. Or Will Lawrence, an old sub editor now a freelancer, didn't know much about cars either - but about 5ft 10 and very short blondish brown hair.

I'm sure that helps in no way at all!