The mkiv Supra Owners Club

10 Downing Street Response to pay as you drive tax...

ManwithSupra

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly believe they'd leave in existing taxes and introduce this new one? No one seems to want the road pricing idea anyway even when they are saying they'd scrap the other taxes.. so how are they ever going to sell it to the public? It doesn't make sense.

They might get rid of Vehicle Excise Duty, but I bet they'd just reduce Fuel Duty so that the Treasury could raise it whenever they needed some more of our money.

Once they'd established the principle of every road being a toll road (and everyone being monitored 24 hours a day), there would be nothing to stop both the tolls and fuel duty being raised whenever the government (of whatever political colour) felt like it.

While on the subject of the Dartford crossing, you know the one, it was supposed to be paid off already and the tolls abolished but yet it continues to operate and it is a major cause of traffic to people travelling on that stretch of road. During the rush hour it will be backed up for miles. If they wanted to reduce congestion why not scrap the tolls as was promised when they originally put the damn tolls up. It is not about congestion, it is about money.

Lies and broken promises.

Do you honestly believe they'd leave in existing taxes and introuduce this new one?

ABSOLUTELY.

No want seems to want the road pricing idea anyway even when they are saying they'd scrap the other taxes.. so how are they ever going to sell it to the public. It doesnt make sense

I think Labour will start the implementation, maybe even get it off the ground and if they're voted out then the next lot that come in will just say "Sorry people, it's here now so bad luck".

i was proud when all the fuel protests were about years ago.like country was standing up and saying enough is enough.

Me too. I was glad people were finally making a stand, despite the spin in the media about the emergency services having no fuel etc....rubbish. A point was made.

If a few of those letter bombs that have been going around were aimed at politicians then maybe they'd consider some of their policies a little more carefully. Definitely get the impression they think they're untouchable.

While on the subject of the Dartford crossing, you know the one, it was supposed to be paid off already and the tolls abolished but yet it continues to operate and it is a major cause of traffic to people travelling on that stretch of road. During the rush hour it will be backed up for miles. If they wanted to reduce congestion why not scrap the tolls as was promised when they originally put the damn tolls up. It is not about congestion, it is about money.

Lies and broken promises.

Exactly, most people have forgotten about that.

They must realise that the majority of people won't accept it, the number of people now without insurance - I've thought about doing it myself (but I wouldn't be able to leave the scene if I'd run someone over), £500 insurance on my 1.3, or risk a £30 fine? :confused:

Refuse your black box, fail your MOT, no need to pay for tax, insurance, MOT, or road pricing then!! You've saved nearly £1000 already!! :thumbs:

Black box in car means £10 each way to get to the shop down the road on a Saturday, plus a speeding fine each way, plus £500+ insurance, plus the cost they'll charge you to fit it in the first place!! :twak: