The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost problem?

JamieP

sounds like waste gate leaking mate have you checked the manifold for any cracks around the take off for it ?

Yea its the last thing to try, gonna strip it all down on saturday.

And yea your right about the afr's i think, now it has extra air it was losing it has thrown the map out.

In theory it will try and generate more boost in higher gears due to the extra load on the engine.

What boost was it holding in each gear running from the just the wastegate set to 0.8bar?

On just the wastegate spring it was holding 0.8bar in everygear but still laggy.

• 1 month later...

Greg had a cap made up that clamped onto the turbo inlet, then pumped up with air to pressure and watched for air leaks, its pretty simple bud, should be able to do something with a foot pump and cut up an old innertube and clamp that over i rekon:)

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the link doesn’t work for me anymore. Does anyone have another or can explain exactly how the system is pressurised?

Can it be done with a foot pump too?

Darryl i found another link in google somewhere. Have a 4inch cap made up at home but couldn't find an airline :( Was going to use the tyre machine at a garage but they all have silly fittings. Foot pump would take forever and wouldn't be that good i don't think.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the link doesn’t work for me anymore. Does anyone have another or can explain exactly how the system is pressurised?

Can it be done with a foot pump too?

i was looking for the same link earlier today:rolleyes: cannot get the car to boost over 0.6 bar after fitting new injectors and rail. managed a 1.0bar last nite on the motorway with 6500rpm:search: