The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track Day @ Bedford Autodrome

Bobbeh

:yeahthat:

Although I bet that guy in the Ferrari wished he had some :D

Did he actually damage it? Never took at a look at it after he hit the gravel.

I had pic of a Testarossa on my bedroom wall when I was a young lad, was a heart stopping moment seeing one spin off in front of me :Pling:

Guest George Bolton
I know :(

Although I am now seriously considering having a new exhaust made which is quieter and has the wastegate fed back into the main pipe.

Unsilenced trackdays are few and far between :(

Not nessasary if you want to keep the wastgate sound,,, I had a muffler made that takes just a few seconds to fit for Bedford and Goodwood all other tracks are ok with the wastgate as long as your exhaust is reasonbly quiet just reduces enough to get by the driveby meters but comes of for the ring and other tracks(listen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdioZbLyHIo

Hi peeps.. I'm contemplating doing another track day at Bedford Autodrome, on March 3rd. Its the GT circuit (3.5-4 miles) and is £159 for the full day. (Open Pit lane)

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=2875

I was gonna take the gf and give her an 'experience' .. anyone else want to come along? :) I havent booked up myself yet, just thought I'd mention it to see if there was anyone else interested.

I know many of you are off to Donington on the 27th, but if you still have the 'track fever' after that it'd be good fun :)

Sorry mate, I'm doing Abingdon on the 23rd and can't afford 2 days in one month :(

We (the club) should defo do a club day at a central track later in the year (say September?)

Guest George Bolton
George, that sounds as though the wastegate tube is routed back into the exhaust. Are you sure it has an externally venting wastegate pipe?

yes::: it was a hand held camera much louder in real life

Sorry mate, I'm doing Abingdon on the 23rd and can't afford 2 days in one month :(

We (the club) should defo do a club day at a central track later in the year (say September?)

No worries m8y. I will be doing more days after this one. I'm getting some new brake parts delivered soon and then once that is all sorted I will head back out again.

Maybe another Bedford day, Brands Hatch even Cadwell or the next Donington event are possibilities for me right now.

Wez, are you still coming along tommorow?

Looks like the weather will be a good, and we got lucky! I'll get there for around 7.30 ish.

If you are coming and want to convoy up, Im on the A1, gimmie a should and we can meet up beforehand.

Damn it, just called them and my name was not on the list so its just been added, previously I had emailed them twice and called once before :(

I asked what are the chances and he said there is only 3 people on the list but they have had no cancellations yet.

Well today was good fun :) First got stopped cos I was too noisey on idle, but on the drive by test later I was only 79db.

The track was very wet to start with lots of standing water.. and lets just say the tyres were 'fun' :D

By about 10.30 it started drying out and I got a good session in until lunch, as usual the tyres were superb.

I ended up leaving shortly after as I sheered a shud, due to my own stupid fault overtightening my wheel nuts and not letting them cool down... when I didnt really need to!

So not wanting to risk much more I left before I made it worse! On a bright side the tyres still had plenty of grip and I'll sort the hub issue with the disk/pad upgrade I have planned. Generally the Car performed great thoughout the morning when it dried up and had a lot of fun with some Caterhams on similar rubber, I saw the 888s on various cars including a GT3, Lotus' and Caterhams.

There were a couple of Ariel Atoms, loads of Porkas, a real nice Masseratti Quadraporte, a race spec 997 and some Palmer Audi/Jaguar? race car zooming around to liven things up a bit :)

I'll post some pics later and a vid or two when I sort them out. :)

Sounds great, gutted I missed this one, sounds like I might have got booted off for noise though.

I dunno, my idle was 101.7 today, and on the move only 79db, where their limit is 87 iirc. Their idle limit was 101.

Just need to sort out this bloody wheel hub now. Anyone know about part numbers/prices!? :)