The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA or TT?

Guest supraplease

best way is to go out and view some. im not implying that the one for sale is a dog but many people advertise cars as 'mint' 'excellent' condition etc but when you view them u find that they are the complete opposite.

the reason i ended up buying a supra is because the 'mint' fto i went to view was falling to peices but spotted mine a few days later before i found another fto

lol budget is ideally 6k but can stretch to 7k when my student loan comes through! lol. after a manual although i know these are difficult to come by!

bad idea that,

student loan on car, if you can barely skimp on that. then what about running costs and service?

you need a n/a fo shaw.

i know, i was a student still a couple of months back

ive seen a few nice tt's for 6k and under including this one on the website http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98711

If you are student, take NA mate... It is more unlikely, that something will go wrong with this one. Also you can get nice NA for 5k ish - have a chat with CJ. Main problem for you will be probably maintaining costs anyway - fuel, kinda expensive service etc.

like everyone has said its what you want out of a car.

when i got my NA after a few weeks i was thinking about a TT. this,looking back, was my ego thinking. saying to me i wanna be faster/quicker than mr bmn,merc,subaru etc.

dont dismay the fact that the NA is a cracking car to drive and still scares me sometimes or maybe its me scaring myself.

i weighed up the pros and the cons about up trading to a TT and came to the conclusion that the only difference is is that its faster and if speed is all id be wanting then even having the TT id no doubt be looking to get it tuned more. hell i dont even drive far enough to get the full potential out of my NA let alone TT.

the main attraction of the supra for me are the looks and that my friend is why im completely happy with my NA.

I couldn't agree more! Well said. :)

I don't agree with the "if you're asking about mpg, then you shouldn't get a supra" view. I think not finding out the costs of a car (including the MPG that you can expect from it) before buying it, is unwise. I was interested in mpg figures before buying (and still am: it's a way of monitoring the wellbeing of the engine).

When people ask the question, it doesn't necessarily mean they can't afford 15-20mpg. :)

hi, i live in stourport just outside worcs. but im always in worcs as i go to uni their. currently drive a UK mr2 NA, its my second one now, theyre good cars but gettin bored and not much power really. worked out im getting about 28mpg so it shouldnt be too bad changing to a supra.

Sweet, well if you fancy a trip to Malvern anytime I'm happy to let you have a look round my Supe, and give you a passenger ride of course. There are a couple of NA boys down here too and I'm sure they'd feel the same about their cars. Supe get about 20mpg, depending on how you drive them. Bit more on the motorways, bit (lot) less if you constantly gun it. Mine is primarily a weekend toy so I don't worry about it. ;)

P.S. If you fancy tagging along in your MR2 this weekend you're more than welcome...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97867