The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I being ripped of by seller 'Lucifer'?

PhilMorrison

Yes but these issues are aimed at Martin, you will find none aimed at Jody or the guys that work there which is where the bulk of my thanks lie, Martin started the process off. So people need to see my thanks thread as an indicator of how things are at the company now and from now on, which are very good indeed.The mechanics that work for mkiv store have been in the business for a lot of years, the engine builder Jason worked as engine builder for Toyota's rally team and they have built rally cars for private teams etc, it's these guys and Jody for some things that work on your car they had nothing to do with posting out parts etc, we know Martin had a problem in this area and he has done the right thing by leaving altogether:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not surprised by this thread, as I have witnessed a poor business attitude from lucifer. I just hope other traders understand that forums like these are powerful places for business and its so important to maintain relationships within them. And when you have a dispute, they are resolved quickly, maturely and in a proper manner. I have witnessed too many threads which have shown scenarios to the contrary. At the end of the day, poorly managed situations, reflect heavily on other customers buying decisions, especially when they are shown so publically.

Judging by recent events, it is a pity that members don't follow the same rules of courtesy and customer service too.

Judging by recent events, it is a pity that members don't follow the same rules of courtesy and customer service too.

I think CJ that is where the true problem lies too many upstarts and people with little life experience on here and it is getting right on my Tits, lets start another forum with an age limit no under 30's:)

do u have any more pics of your projects and pics

think a few on here would like to see too

Not a Supra, and the Soarer is staying 1jz for now.

My new D1GP car is a S15 Silvia Spec R, and it currently looks like this. The big hole is where the 2jz with 6 speed will sit 8"'s through the bulkhead :D

http://www.philmorrison.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/S15wip3.jpg

On an upbeat note :D just wanted to say hi to Phil :wave: and thanks for an absolutely awesome season of drifting mayhem last year :clap: :salute: :notworthy Delighted you have your S15 shell, followed your projects in J Tuner (sadly demised now). good luck with the new car and all the best too you and your team for this coming season, can't wait!! :D :urock:

I think CJ that is where the true problem lies too many upstarts and people with little life experience on here and it is getting right on my Tits, lets start another forum with an age limit no under 30's:)

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone in an age related manner. I am more concerned by the supposition that all bad deals occur when a trader is involved and yet, in my experience, there are far more deals go sour with member to member sales than trader to member.

I recently posted up listing traders and my opinion of them etc and it was suggested that my view was biased due to me being trader too but when I asked which of my comments they disagreed with, nobody came back.

It just seems that trader bashing and the "pack mentality" is extremely prevalent lately and to my mind that is what is letting the forum down and not the perceived inadequacies of the resident traders.

Is this supposed to be aimed at me? :search:

No mate it is a generalisation, but as we keep saying Martin is and just about has jacked it all in so what more could he do, we should probably have it as noone under 50! i doubt now if i will renew on the site and afterall i do drive an Aristo which there is a good site for now, what i think cj is saying is that some customers are not easy either, there has been more comment on here from people who have not had direct contact with mkiv store than those that have which is annoying, i can only speak as i find, i mean why would i go and see a film if Barry Norman says it is good, i don't give a fuck what Barry Norman likes or not:)

Guest Nicholas
people with little life experience on here and it is getting right on my Tits, lets start another forum with an age limit no under 30's:)

Blimey that's quite a statement. I think just because you work as a nurse and have seen many bad things makes you no better experienced in life than many of us younger chaps.

I for one have my own mortgage and business I support my girlfriend while she's at university and paid for it all myself with no help from my parents unlike you and your rebuild... :rolleyes: surely that's life experience?

See it's not very nice is it.

Semi rant over :D

I will not get into arguments via computer it is too easy, also i did not name you in my thread did i, a generalisation i said which if you look at the content and mentality of the threads i am talking about you may see where i am coming from anyway end of now for me

tut tut, :no: simmer down chaps. We seem to be going a bit away from the original thread here. :confused: How about suggesting an alternative company Phil can try so he can at least get the ball rolling, in case the situation takes a while to reslove, as he does want his components quite urgently??? lol

No mate it is a generalisation, but as we keep saying Martin is and just about has jacked it all in so what more could he do, we should probably have it as noone under 50! i doubt now if i will renew on the site and afterall i do drive an Aristo which there is a good site for now, what i think cj is saying is that some customers are not easy either, there has been more comment on here from people who have not had direct contact with mkiv store than those that have which is annoying, i can only speak as i find, i mean why would i go and see a film if Barry Norman says it is good, i don't give a fuck what Barry Norman likes or not:)

Ahh ok. Yeah I wasnt having a go per say. I was just trying to highlight the fact that you cant change people and you will always have disputes especially on forums. I think running a trader business on here would be really hard, and I wouldnt like to do it myself. But I do think that because disputes get displayed so publically, its bound to effect the buying decisions of people. I know you say it wouldnt bother you, but it does effect the majority of people. I think that this factor has been overlooked in the past by some, and small fights have broken out in threads which i believe werent nessesary and customer service skills have been sevearly tested and to some degree failed. The customer isnt always right, but in such an influencial market segement with high levels of customer to customer communication, such as forum trading, getting the response wrong has a massive impact on customer perceptions. Im looking at this from purely a business point of view you understand.

All of you stop bickering, for fucks sake.

Well apologies from me, this is not the way to go with any thread, i just feel protective towards mkiv store as they have done so well for me, so lose my rag at times, i think all complaint style threads should be moved to dispute resolution leaving the forum free for more pleasant things, at least with dispute resolution you know what the content is, it is also easy to get carried away via internet wheras face to face it would be probably be very different

Indeed, I wouldn't be able to snigger at your framed nipple out in the real world, I presume it would be covered.

:D

Yes i keep it all covered most of the time have not been swimming for a good while, people take their children out of the pool!! 14 years old now all that work:)

Well apologies from me, this is not the way to go with any thread, i just feel protective towards mkiv store as they have done so well for me, so lose my rag at times, i think all complaint style threads should be moved to dispute resolution leaving the forum free for more pleasant things, at least with dispute resolution you know what the content is, it is also easy to get carried away via internet wheras face to face it would be probably be very different

Very good idea.