The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The fun begins...

Guest StevenSheen

Personally, I would leave the Fcon in and get the map checked. I ran an Fcon on my Soarer with the stock turbos for a little while while I sourced the single conversion bits. The Fcon did things like, removed the speed limiter, removed the fuel cut and took care of the fueling and timing.

It is already in his car and it would have cost a fair bit to have it installed, I think he should leave it in at least this way he has it ready for future upgrades and does not have to pay for another ECU solution and /or a bunch of other gear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StevenSheen

trust me my friend...I did you the biggest favour I have ever done anyone by buying the car....now I have to stuff piles of cash into getting it sorted....

Lucky old you lol

Guest StevenSheen

Seems to have a blown head gasket so unknown how big an issue that is, also needs a complete engine remap, air con is not working, etc etc lol...

It will be nice once sorted but trust me, to quote cher "If I could turn back time"...I would ;)

Just saw this thread Steven, sorry to hear about all your problems.

I bought a GT4 once knowing it had boost issues, I thought it was just a cracked boost hose. Oh how wrong was I......

So was it a head gasket in the end? Are you using TDI to sort it for you or taking it to Turbofit as suggested?

Chin up anyhow mate, I can imagine how your stomach turns when you're reminded of all the problems. Just remember it's only money and once it's all fixed up it'll make you smile from ear to ear on a daily basis. :D

Guest StevenSheen

To be honest I dont really like the way TDI just fix everything till they remedy the problem....they say there is no way to tell if its the head gasket or the heater matrix...Im no mechanic but surely you can tell the difference somehow...Instead they said well we may as well start on the Head gasket and if that doesnt work were do the heater matrix both jobs are about 1400 quid though....so I said...thanks can I have my keys back please lol!

Thats after they fleeced me out of £600.00 quid for replacing a viscious fan which was probably fine and time spent searching for the problem...

So thanks to the advice of the guys on here I booked the car in with Mark at Phoenix as he not only comes highly recommended but also can collect the car for 100 quid on a trasporter for me...its being collected tomorrow incidentally.

Im other the fact that I have been ripped off to some degree and am now focusing on getting her "well" again and on the road for the summer ;)

And just so you know Digger...never EVER EVER buy a car from GT-cars he takes most of the good parts off the car but forgets to tell you he did and doesnt care if a car is road worthy or not before he invests your cash in a fresh batch of pies...

Guest Robbedbysutton

Nick Sutton is still trading on Ebay as SecretCarbon, still advertising in Autotrader under name of S & S Imports and his http://www.secretcarbon.co.uk is still active. People like this unfortunately don't go away until they are put away.

Steven or anyone else with problems with Nick Sutton - Kent Trading Standards may like to hear from you. 01732 525291