The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about getting one

Guest vallen

Guest CoolsBlue

hahahahaha! yea ud have to be to floor it on a wet road in a supe...specially a tt, ive seen alot of cheap supras in the US tho, and seriosuly cheap, light damaged and i mean like a dent on the wing go for like $1000-3000US!!!

Lol, UK will go this way soon enough.

Go for a single mate, make a much nicer noise. And if i understand correctly you wont be using the power, "cause your in new york" so it wont matter if its got massive power.

My opinion would be go for something that is MUCH slower and cheaper to run at least for the first year while you get some miles under you belt.

Oh and comments like "stfu" are not appreciated here.

The US is like another planet. There are youngsters driving Porsches, SUVs, monster trucks etc. The kid admittedly is only 16 but if he can afford to buy and run a Supe then why not. Some of the drivers here on this site aren't that much older than Vallen. And reading what everybody gets upto here are still mentally trapped in their teens.

I only said stfu because someone said I am a "chav" and that is the total opposite of what I am. For the first half a year I wont be doing anything to the supra except sound system and maybe small touches, so I will get he NA probably

Well good luck to you chap and to be fair a NA is a safer bet as even at slow speeds the second turbo or kick down can throw you out. I had an MR2 at 18 and managed to spin that in the middle of town doing 30 in the wet (wasnt thinking and thought I was still driving my old classic min) lukly no one saw me to point and laugh. Keep us posted

Leave the guy alone! america is a totally different place when it comes to cars. 16 year olds can have powerful cars cos insurance isnt an issue, neither is petrol costs. For the average brit its all about insurance, but not for the americans, its about how much cash you have for the car.

Any lay off all this safety stuff too, the cars only a dangerous as the guy driving it, so you cant jsut say hes gona be a knob cos hes young.

I think what we have here is a culture class.

Thanks. And the TT wont even be necessary, as I wont be able to use the power of it unless I go to a clear park like Bennit Field or something because of the amount of lights and what-not. It's equally stupid to some people getting a ferarri for their only car in New York. Sure it looks nice in the Summer, but during the Winter when it snows you have no where to go.

Im getting my sup end of next week. its my second car. im 24. ive had 2 creashes in my life. both driving, never as a passenger. the worst was at about 20mph in a 1.2L front wheel drive car with about 80hp. and that scared the shit out of me. Sounds pathetic but its not something i want to experiance again.

Like i say im getting my car end of next week. and its only a 5 speed manual.

Its cold. Wet. Icy and dark most of the time ill be driving the car.

I'll be bricking it for the next 5 months.

p.s - I cant wait.

Good luck. I hope you find what your after

When I was 16 I had a push bike, like all my mates. Then we turned 17, one of us got a Vauxhall Viva, someone else got an Allegro. I got my first car when I was 28, cos you don't need one in London so much.

In New York the public transport is good so you don't need a car either, certainly not in Manhattan. But if you do, I'd get something from rent-a-wreck cos you can't go over 30-40mph as the traffic is so bad. MUCH worse than any UK city!

So my advice is, save your money, wait a few years, move to Florida or the midwest, THEN buy a TT where you can enjoy it properly and you have the driving experience cos whether it's an NA or TT you DO need proper experience, not JUST the knowledge of 'how to drive'.

;)

When I was 16 I had a push bike, like all my mates. Then we turned 17, one of us got a Vauxhall Viva, someone else got an Allegro. I got my first car when I was 28, cos you don't need one in London so much.

In New York the public transport is good so you don't need a car either, certainly not in Manhattan. But if you do, I'd get something from rent-a-wreck cos you can't go over 30-40mph as the traffic is so bad. MUCH worse than any UK city!

So my advice is, save your money, wait a few years, move to Florida or the midwest, THEN buy a TT where you can enjoy it properly and you have the driving experience cos whether it's an NA or TT you DO need proper experience, not JUST the knowledge of 'how to drive'.

truely i nearly binned my clio coming off the dual carrageway the other week. A sharp reminder although ive been driving for 5 years almost every day including long distances... at the end of the day even a corner youve taken a thousand times can catch you out. Thats why im scared of this supra already for some reason. im going to have to learn all the roads again.

Or am i just being paranoid...

something to interest you, check out the comments

just lifted off coming arround a corner... and it was dry... and he wasnt even going that fast...