The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude - Forum Daddy

Justin

Thanks guys , its nice to know the efforts are apreciated , story is this , the car is now .8 sec quicker and 8 mph faster in the 1/8th mile so its not carrying that thru in the last !/2 of the track i think its blowing the spark out !!!!, The 60 ft time is also .4 sec worse than it should be . When i ran the 10.8 i had the boost cranked up (still can go a bit more) but had to let off about 70 metres from the line due to excessive DET , if the car had cut a decent 60ft and i hadnt let off i really think a VERY low 10 was on the cards but that will have to wait for another day ;) , we now know the mods we have to make and the aim is to run in the 9's before the seasons out !!!:thumbs: Remember this is a daily driver and is driven to the track :cool: This car should trap at around 140 mph .

Dude

:flame Dev

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by MONKEYmark

john you want me to stick new times up with new turbo and tc

what size injectors you running, are they big enough

75 lb, not a problem tho I have a set of 95lb here if we ever run out of fuel

Guest Terry S

Fuel quality is King. And adding too much timing is dangerous LOL. Water injection can help too, methanol/water would probably be better.

He he well the turbo's just look like a smaller version of an auxilliary power unit. Things like torque pickup from output shafts like on turbo-shaft engines wouldn't go amiss on high power motors. Some of the gas turbine cooling technologies would certainly not go amiss in piston engines. A bit more developement in the wankel rotary engine would be seriously a step in the right direction (just gotta make that engine reliable).

If the sort of money that was pumped into aviation got directed into the nasty nasty car direction car engineering might be a touch better.

It just goes to show that if guys in their (not being rude here) single or double unit setups with limited support and less resources can produce phenomenal feats of engineering what could be done if the bigger resources were applied.

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

john you want me to stick new times up with new turbo and tc

what size injectors you running, are they big enough

Yes please Mark , any chance of sponsorship with tea bags etc ????

Dude:flame Dev

Anyone get any footage of my slippey slidey runs? Unfortunately my first run was best and runs didnt get any better through the day as track conditions worsened. By mid-day you could actually see the little tiny pieces of rubber all over the track.

Ah well.. need some drag radials! :cool:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by dude

Yes please Mark , any chance of sponsorship with tea bags etc ????

Mark any chance of getting some coffee!

Just to let you know....

the Evo with the front exhaust didn't drive to the meet but sneaked it there on a trailer and dropped it off in the carpark of the hotel we were staying in !

Looked nice though....

Originally posted by Syed Shah

:thumbs: Nice one Dude!

Now go faster!!!!!!!! :devil:

Dont worry we will Syed , i know when the cars sorted it will be capable of running 9's , at the weekend it was .8 sec quicker to the 1/8th than at Rotorstock (10.9 run) and still with a lousy 60ft , i reckon letting off on the hi boost run cost me .4/.3 sec and with a 60ft time .4-.5 sec slower than it should be the maths speak for themselves :cool:

Originally posted by Supragal

Not one of the club tshirts though :cry: :eek:

Can't we do it in "secret code" for those who don't like wearing car names on their clothes?

Perhaps we could create a new designer brand?

(since you wouldn't let me have plain T-Shirts! :cry: )

:p