Chiefgroover

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here's the dyno.

New cams since then, HKS Valcon Inlet Cam, HKS 264 ex Cam, so be interesetd to see what it makes now.

Fast enough for me I can tell you that much ;) I had Terry take the GT40 off lol!

bear in mind this is pump fuel at middle boost setting - It has a race fuel setting above this.

Here is the corresponding RWHP sheet to go with your at the fly figure.

Terry RWHP.jpg

Hey Mike, I have my car overlayed with yours before the other work was carried out.

Deff need to get some cams installed in mine, also want to push the boost to 1.6bar, would have done it this month but the donny track day has ment I have spent the money else where :(

westerrydyno.JPG

Gutted! demoted..lol

When I get round to it I'll get it back on a RR - some race fuel and no 3 boost setting should sort that, might just scrimp my way in:sly:

It also has a full set of nitrous plummed in, with controller that Terry left in, just missing the bottle, he was all set up for TOTB, before a curry got the best of him.

TBH I prefer the car with the GT35, most of my driving is twisties and the spool on this tubbie is very good. 3rd gear is devistatingly long and powerful, just on the edge of normal dry road traction, and that's where most of my realworld power is needed.

Hey Mike, I have my car overlayed with yours before the other work was carried out.QUOTE]

I looked at your graph, and then didn't want to look too close because you are spooling even earlier than me, which I was surprised about! Thanks for overlaying them:cry:

I really need to get my car back on a RR, as it's had a bit of work done since then, and the old dyno sheet I have was done in 4th gear?

Be intersted to see what the cams (esp the intake hks valance cam and controller) did to the low end end, as it feel stronger than this on the road. I get a good hard pull in 6th around 3k. Never need 5th gear on the motorway at all.

The overylay was done by SRR as both my car and yours were dynoed there in 4th gear.

I think your new turbo should make a huge difference along with the other mods you have done.

To get a good comparison I would recommend SRR as you could overlay your new data with the old data on the same dyno to see how the changes have affected your power curve.

I think your new turbo should make a huge difference along with the other mods you have done.

I think Mike still has the same turbo as when the dyno run was done, is that right Mike?

Yours certainly has some nice low end pull Wez, especially considering that in comparison Mike has the vvti supposedly in his favour. I guess your cast manifold and PHR turbo can take the praise (assuming the tune in Mike's F-Con is comparable to yours).

We need Jake's on SRR in 4th gear now as he has the PHR turbo but on an HKS manifold...

I think Mike still has the same turbo as when the dyno run was done, is that right Mike?

Yup - GT35R DBB - watercooled too, with 4" downpipe and exhaust.

I know terry had some problems with the vvti solenoid too, and maybe the new intake cam helps, it does feel stronger on the road. Need to find a RR and have another look. If all else fails I'm taking a big breath and blowing down the intake pipe for the first 2000rpm.. That'll sort it!

Wez you'll have to start a biggest bottom end website (no dyno readings over 3500rpm allowed), and crown yourself king!;)

I know you're not DBB Wez - all the more impressive. PHR do market that turbo as a real quick spooler.

A comparison to Jake's would be good as he is vvti but has the tubular manifold and shorter fmic piping on turbo side (assuming it hasn't been changed from the PHR kit).

Cast manifold is looking good! SimonB with his cast manifold GT35 kit would be another good comparison...