Where did www.bigsupra.co.uk go?

Chiefgroover

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chief, I totally understand what you want - a showcase for Euro/UK Supra's and fully support you in that. Just trying to ascertain the basic requirements for being added to the site (not that I'm ever likely to join with my crappy spec :D )

Does that mean we can go silly with race fuel/maps and Thor dyno's? Provided its 500rwhp+ its okay?

Homer, I really dont care if you split the atom in the combustion chamber, thats your business lol, as everyone uses switchable boost, say 1.4 for driving about and 1.8 for fun, and I personally prefer hub dynos, after having slight wheel spin problems I really trust nothing else. I'm staying clear of dyno politics, as thats only going to lead to ill feeling. If someone runs a couple of millers cvl turbo thats fine with me, I use it in every tank! having the local distributor as a mate helps lol :)

I'd be very surprised if you cant squeeze 500 rwhp outta that fine vehicle of yours! Try Cool 76 plus 4 bottles of CVL :)

According to the PHR website my turbo is "capable of 520 RWHP at 18 psi utilizing the factory fuel system and electronics, or 630+ RWHP at 29 psi using the PHR Stage 2 Fuel System upgrade and MAP ECU"

Even allowing for the merkin's downhil dynos, I guess it's possible to get 500rwhp with my car's 800cc injectors and Motec.

But at 1.4 bar (20psi) I'm not getting anywhere near the 520rwhp they're claiming for a car with stock 550 injectors and ECU at 18psi

I'd be very surprised if you cant squeeze 500 rwhp outta that fine vehicle of yours! Try Cool 76 plus 4 bottles of CVL :)

Well thats kind of my point, there's no way it'll make that on a proper dyno on road fuel, but it won't be a problem on Thor's dyno using exotic fuel ;) Sure, it pushes my engine to the limits but it meets your guidelines for 30 seconds or so of its life :D

Edit - actually I'll just stfu until it's mapped :D Sorry chief, don't mean to cause offence

According to the PHR website my turbo is "capable of 520 RWHP at 18 psi utilizing the factory fuel system and electronics, or 630+ RWHP at 29 psi using the PHR Stage 2 Fuel System upgrade and MAP ECU"

Even allowing for the merkin's downhil dynos, I guess it's possible to get 500rwhp with my car's 800cc injectors and Motec.

But at 1.4 bar (20psi) I'm not getting anywhere near the 520rwhp they're claiming for a car with stock 550 injectors and ECU at 18psi

I think the key words there Jake are 'capable of'

Take those figures with a grain of salt. ;) You cannot compare the dyno numbers as the ones over there read a bit higher, unless of course it is a Dyno Dynamics in shootout mode (which I doubt)

A proper dyno? I am not getting into the dyno debate.

I just cant understand how anyone can g/tee NO wheels spin on a traditional dyno though?

I am shortly to dyno my GT4088R with 850cc inj, on a "traditional dyno" be interesting to see what I get.

Sorry Homer, you'll just have to try harder lol :)

Site will be up in about 72 hours, not fully updated, so send me your updates and applications guys, you too Kop! :)

I need a paragraph, all the listed specs, dyno sheet and nice pics for all new cars, existing ones please send me the rest if this applies to you!.

[email protected]

Is that email address able to receive large files ?

Site will be up in about 72 hours, not fully updated, so send me your updates and applications guys, you too Kop! :)

I need a paragraph, all the listed specs, dyno sheet and nice pics for all new cars, existing ones please send me the rest if this applies to you!.

[email protected]

Did you get my second voicemail mate?

If not, have a listen and give me a shout.

Cheers

OK site is hosted again now, thank you LEWIS!

Gamer - Could i have your update info please

Jake - run some decent boost and go to thor :p

Muffleman - update please

Jamie - Update please

Mark - update done please check it and advise

Pig - get that dyno sheet done asap and we shall 'ave it up!

Homer - I am sure you can get the car retuned to the power level needed, like the rest of the guys here.

Wez - you confuse me, what turbo are you running?

Kop - Apply asap mate, be nice to have you on board!

Will have a talk with Terry about his figure.

I have terry's dyno graph here - as the car is mine now, 547.7, but it doesn't say wether it is RWHP or not... lots of other notations on the bottom that I can't make out....

BP/RH/AT/IT/RR/TN/CK/CF

it's had new cams since then, so should be pushing higher...

I'll try to scan it up later and you can help figure it out.

here's the dyno.

New cams since then, HKS Valcon Inlet Cam, HKS 264 ex Cam, so be interesetd to see what it makes now.

Fast enough for me I can tell you that much ;) I had Terry take the GT40 off lol!

bear in mind this is pump fuel at middle boost setting - It has a race fuel setting above this.

dyno.jpg