The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A-Plan Insurance: Good news compared to SKY!

SupraAyf

Just got a quote from A plan, very helpful, as i was wanting agreed value, they pointed out that in reality it is not always clear cut, and some company's can turn around and say the valuation was over valued, and then haggle about the price, he was not implying that all company's who do AV do this, just something to keep in mind! or double check with your insurers;)

Anyway my quote for my car FC inc all mods was £360 and with an added single 500BHP was £410, considering that i'm paying £570 with Sky, i would be saving a fair bit:d but no agreed value.

PS, Just what is the market value of a manual TT Supra? suppose whatever Parkers say?

Don't you worry about not being agreed value? given the pedigree of your car.

I had to send them a list basically valuing the parts on my car, and the deal was that in the event of a total loss, this list would form the basis of the pay out. I wanted agreed value, but they don't do that. I asked about this a few times. I said that if 'say' the value of my car was £30k, would you pay out £30k ? They assured me that this would all be taken into consideration in the pay out.

I don't like that it's not in writing as such, but really didn't get on with Sky at all.

I have just got a quote on fully comp for a 97 RZ TT 6 Sp. I am 30 with 10 years NC's

A-Plan was 694

Sky Insurance was 591

What mods have you declared as A-Plan mentioned to me that they aren't that competitive with standard Supe's (or should I say: standard power) but they really come in to their own for modded ones

What mods have you declared as A-Plan mentioned to me that they aren't that competitive with standard Supe's (or should I say: standard power) but they really come in to their own for modded ones

I declared BPU mods with a OEM bodykit and Alloys. Thats it.

I found Sky better on the mods side as they dont mind them untill you start talking stupid power :)