The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many people carry a fire extinguisher

Wez

I had visions of a fire starting elsewhere in the car and me standing there holding my dick in my hand. :)

LOL not the best way of putting out fires mate:innocent:

I always had one in the S14 mounted in the foot well so i could reach it easy,

must get one for the Supra, in fact in the light of current misfortunes, might apply for traders licence and buy fire extinguishers in bulk:eyebrows:

So I can only assume, that given that any fire you're going to have on the car is going to be fuelled by either oil, or petrol, that the tiny little extinguishers that you can buy for your car, are going to be like pissing on a bush fire. Hence I've not bothered to get one.

This is sadly true...but I'd rather try than watch.

i have one cable tied neatly to the bottom of the drivers seat.

I recently did a 'fire drill' in the car and managed to cut my time down to 15minutes response time.

Just need to drive to a garage, borrow a set of wire cutters, move back the seat, cut 5 ties, pull off extinguisher, deploy foam and kill fire from molten wreck.

I had a fire training day a few years back.

The "fireman" (note he wasn't really a fireman, just some guy who went around selling extinguishers) told us that basically, if you had a fire that was anything more than a waste-paper bin fire, then don't even bother trying to put it out with the type of extinguishers you'll have kicking about in the office.

So I can only assume, that given that any fire you're going to have on the car is going to be fuelled by either oil, or petrol, that the tiny little extinguishers that you can buy for your car, are going to be like pissing on a bush fire. Hence I've not bothered to get one.

The car ones are dry powder. They work by smothering the fire. If you don't fling the bonnet open they are very effective as the fire is in an enclosed space.

The car ones are dry powder. They work by smothering the fire. If you don't fling the bonnet open they are very effective as the fire is in an enclosed space.

so presuming that the fire is going to be centred around the turbo side of the engine bay - what is the best place to squirt your fire extinguisher without opening the bonnet?

(apart from the vent that I don't have on the new car)..

and I assume it's a no-no to open the bonnet?

edit;

- just looked in your garage - similar spec to my car, but I pissed myself laughing at the shopping list on your drivers door - classic!!

I bought one 2 weeks ago from a mate who runs a fire extinguiser co.

He supplies nice chrome ones for the blingy amongst us.

I'll have a word to see if he wants to do a 'deal' on some...

Not a group buy thing, but if anyones interested It'll be with me at Ace Cafe next week...

I have a chrome 2kg powder.

He advised against the halfords/small cheapies as they're not serviceable and need replacing yearly as they lose their charge!

As it was a mate - I don't reckon thats just a sales pitch! and he already supplies me with other stuff.