The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Optima batteries

Gadget

only person that sells them, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPTIMA-ORANGE-TOP-700-BATTERY-only-a-few-left_W0QQitemZ280084733488QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43120QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and there is little information on them.

but they are top notch, i got mine for £70 plus 10.50 postage

Well I am now the proud new owner of an Optima Orange Top - delivered today - only problem is the posts are too fat for the clips on the battery leads.

Didn't you say it fitted right in? Have you got fat clips?! :-)

R

Well I am now the proud new owner of an Optima Orange Top - delivered today - only problem is the posts are too fat for the clips on the battery leads.

Didn't you say it fitted right in? Have you got fat clips?! :-)

R

Ooh, was just about to order so keen to hear if they do fit right in.

And how do these differ to the red tops ? Was just about to order this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPTIMA-RED-TOP-BATTERY_W0QQitemZ330089098337QQihZ014QQcategoryZ31348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Will this fit okay ?

The orange tops have the poles reversed (better for Supra)

I believe the standard pillars are wider for UK market - the Jspec terminals are skinny. You CAN get Optima batteries with thinner terminals (with a 'J' in the product code) but I ain't seen any, and I only found this out after delivery (having assumed it would "fit right in"!)

http://www.barden-uk.com/optima-high-power-agm-batteries.html

Anyway, to avoid future bolluxing around I am just gonna get a local Supra friendly garage to put spade connectors and UK terminals on my leads tomorrow.

BTW the orange top was £100 delivered (or cheaper if you wait for ebay auction on earlier link)

R

I had an Optima Yello Top and it went FLAT NON-STOP! It was only 2 years old - got the receipt for it from previous owner. Kept charging, losing charge and going flat.

Chris Wilson replaced it with a ...........? No idea, Chris!?

Anyways, that was £90 and it works faultlessly. :)

I had an Optima Yello Top and it went FLAT NON-STOP! It was only 2 years old - got the receipt for it from previous owner. Kept charging, losing charge and going flat.

Chris Wilson replaced it with a ...........? No idea, Chris!?

Anyways, that was £90 and it works faultlessly. :)

A battery can only be fully discharged a few times, eventually it will not hold the charge any longer. Regardless of what it costs.

Certainly is.

I tried replacing my tranny cooler the other day for the one that Steve (K14 SUP) can get hold of, thicker dimenions and great cooler capacity etc.

It was a bastard! I got the old one off, about to replace the new, and then realised that there's no room to actually get it behind the FMIC or under the car into position to attach to the back of the FMIC.

Then it started pissing it down with rain, so I bolted the old one back on with hoses still intact and stormed off inside! :(

Bugger.