The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual Aerotop?

Scott

• 1 year later...

I bumped this because it's where your "explanation" links - the "Scott =op" thing is annoying me again.

Now normally I'd just be able to remove your sig but because you seem incapable of just adding it there and type it out each time you post I can't do that. This means that in order to remove this annoyance I'll have to add you to my ignored users list.

This is a polite request for you to simply add your sig into the area for putting sigs, I don't really want to have to block all your posts just to remove this irritation.

Here you go:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/profile.php?do=editsignature

TBH just block me, it makes no difference to me. It seems like a very petty request.

Fair enough, I thought it was a polite and reasonable request that would actually save you the effort of typing your "tag" out each time and allow me to remove it easily.

I'll add you to the dungeon then, enjoy the company in there.

Doubt you will see this but i know how to add a signature, me typing it out is automatic as i do it on every forum i frequent and every email i ever send. Its part of the "internet" me and i'm not about to change who i am because it annoys someone. Especially for something so silly.

Scott =op

All the 'on-topic' chat in this thread was really interesting, then it went slightly down hill a bit ;)

Michael - I'm curious to know how many lovely club members are residing in that dungeon of yours. Obviously I don't want to be added to them, but it must be some considerable collection :)

Michael - I'm curious to know how many lovely club members are residing in that dungeon of yours. Obviously I don't want to be added to them, but it must be some considerable collection :)

It's single figures, most of the ones that have been in there over the years have been banned eventually.

The way I see it is that if something annoys you then you should see what you can do to stop that happening, some people annoy me just by being themselves or doing something specific, that's life, we aren't meant to get on with everyone all of the time.

It's single figures, most of the ones that have been in there over the years have been banned eventually.

The way I see it is that if something annoys you then you should see what you can do to stop that happening, some people annoy me just by being themselves or doing something specific, that's life, we aren't meant to get on with everyone all of the time.

That's fair enough. Personally I just skim over the chaff and bad spelling/grammar, and 'pretend' I haven't read it at all. I just roll my eyes and move on :)

Anyway, back on topic. I would really like to convert mine to a manual, but lack of ready funds is a slight restriction to my plans. The auto is really great, but a manual would just add that bit extra to the driving experience. IMO of course.

I bought an aerotop in black the other month and the jealous looks i get with the roof off is always worth it! I can see why you'd want a manual as I was the same till i found that all aerotops seem to be autos. But I'm now used to the auto so don't let the auto put you off as it still doesn't lack power. Save your money converting to a manual and use the money on engine mods or something?! You won't ever be disappointed with the aero!

scotster how much bhp your mr2 running? mine was pushing 280bhp and hit 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Stock mr2 rev2 run 0-60 in about 6 seconds.

I bought an auto tt supra because its alot cheaper on insurance then a manual but i will be converting it.

Must be broken then buddy ;) . If you go over to IMOC and check the timeslips for people running from stock to circa 300bhp they all manage around the 4.5 - 5.5 for 60.

There was a guy that did a review on a stock rev1 and he managed a 5.2 timed also. There will be a link in the IMOC website. I think its regarded as the MR2 FAQ.

Mines is running around the 260-280 mark going by the mods. I've managed a sub 5sec stopwatch 60 which will probably be around 55mph. Wasn't hard to be honest, the launch is tricky but once you get the feel for it its pretty predictable.

Scott =op

scotster how much bhp your mr2 running? mine was pushing 280bhp and hit 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Stock mr2 rev2 run 0-60 in about 6 seconds.

I bought an auto tt supra because its alot cheaper on insurance then a manual but i will be converting it.

I arranged a day with Banzai mag, a selection of MR2s and a VBox many years ago (2001), the quickest car on the day ran a 4.75 second 0-60 - that was basic mods and a Unichip to give around 320bhp I think, the other cars were mid 5's at about the same level of yours with the standard cars closer to 6.

Of course the Vbox probably can't hold its own against a mate with stopwatch or an RSM ;)

OK getting back to the thread topic :innocent: here is a list that I go off the forum sometime ago and can't remember the author so cant give/take any credit:)

That might be the one from the US forum, so some of the parts numbers could be different. I've supplied new parts for 6spd conversions to a few customers, I'll try to dig out the details.