The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back to black?

Guest Terry S

Back to Black?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Back to Black?

• Keep the car Midnight Purple
    • Put the car back to OEM Black

LOL Ash, I had it 6 years, I have sold it once, and just bought it back.

The car IMHO needs a repaint, I am not doing it on a whim, I just think a car with a spec like that needs good paint.

I was talking to Mark at Phoenix about you, he was saying how much of a dog she was running after you got her back the 2nd time........how comes your selling her again....

Have to say I have been really impressed with Mark and his work, and even Tony the geometry guy. I havent been this impressed ever actually from any other mechanic/tuner and my car has come further in the few weeks Mark had the car then over the total 5 years I have had other people work on her, and thats a bold statement but its true. I really was debating whether to sell her or not towards the tail end of last year due to problems, just not enjoying drivng her, but since those two guys have breathed on her, she's like a new car, I tell ya if I was a female I would drop to my knees for both of them and repay my new found love of the car....... ;)

I was talking to Mark at Phoenix about you, he was saying how much of a dog she was running after you got her back the 2nd time........how comes your selling her again....

Sounds like you are peeing on his sale. Knowing Terry and his commitments to this car over the years I can honestly say that whoever buys it will have an amazing car running extremely well!

IIRC the problems the car had when terry bought it back were due to it's last owner not having the time/money to keep it running correctly.

If I took what you said the wrong way then I apologise, if you are going to say something like that in any context you should really know what you are talking about before you say it (as with your previous post about the 1 time he sold it).

The question you should really be asking yourself is will the cost of whatever paint job be be offset by resale value?

As for it's current colour, well its fairly unique, not many people have it I think regardless of the colour if someone wants the car they'll buy it.

Sounds like you are peeing on his sale. Knowing Terry and his commitments to this car over the years I can honestly say that whoever buys it will have an amazing car running extremely well!

IIRC the problems the car had when terry bought it back were due to it's last owner not having the time/money to keep it running correctly.

If I took what you said the wrong way then I apologise, if you are going to say something like that in any context you should really know what you are talking about before you say it (as with your previous post about the 1 time he sold it).

No, Im not pissing on anyones sale, as I said and as you have said, Mark was telling me how she wasnt running anywhere near as well when Terry sold her to when her got her back, which is prob down to the previous owner not having the time or the money, possibly even the knowledge, and as Mark said a few tweaks here and there and some TLC and the purple monster was back in all its glory...........:D

Guest Terry S

LOL thanks Ash, she will be just fine, Mark hasnt actually seen her BTW, he was going by my conversation with him over 2 Months ago. It wasn't a for sale thread either, it was a what colour thread.

After craving for a RSP car, when i actually saw one in the flesh, I was dissapointed, it was darker than i thought and more purple too.

Personally I think dark colours hide the supras side window lines which are very gracious to the cars sleek lines.

If it was me, I'd go Quicksilver, lucky you Terry having such a great motor. I hope to pick up a quicksilver one with a similar spec by the summer, but not much chance lol.

After craving for a RSP car, when i actually saw one in the flesh, I was dissapointed, it was darker than i thought and more purple too.

Personally I think dark colours hide the supras side window lines which are very gracious to the cars sleek lines.

If it was me, I'd go Quicksilver, lucky you Terry having such a great motor. I hope to pick up a quicksilver one with a similar spec by the summer, but not much chance lol.

Perhaps you two could work out a deal between you?

Purple. Definitely. I don't think anyone will be put off buying it because of that. And do black ones sell for more money or something? If they don't then purple is still quite subtle, is a known paintcode and has a little edge over black ones if you turn up to shows etc.