The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standard Top End

Manic

My N/A manual has a definite kick at 4,5k revs. Most noticable if pulling away in 2nd gear at about 20mph, foot to the floor, feel it build up, wind up, hit 4.5k and off you go!

250kms? Good god you just have been having fun! - just did a long mway run avg of 90 and got best part of 500km on a tank. Usual round town and work trips is 370 to 410 kms on a tank.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manic is that 217 KM which is about 130 miles on a full tank? :eek:

If so that sounds wrong to me. I've got a manual NA with an aftermarket exhaust which makes it use a bit more fuel and out of £25 I get between 150 and 200 miles depending on which roads and how I drive etc.

Andy I agree that all the power seems to happen much higher up the revs. Low revs and the car feels heavy but about 5000 rpm (I think) in 2nd and there's a huge surge of power. I guess that's a bit what its like when a turbo comes online.

Err, now mate its nowwhere near the sort of power you get from a turbo coming online. I agree with you that low down the revs the car can feel heavy, but you do notice better power at the top. Although through 1st and 2nd the NA will be with a TT, the TT really starts to wind up properly in 3rd. Around town our NA keeps up and beats (depending on the driver......ie, my lunatic GF who sometime does some dodgy moves ;) ) my TT, but as soon were on a straight road, she might as well be in Micra. Two very different cars.

blimey, that's some horrendous mpg ;) heavy right foot? :p

On mway runs I can confirm (just went back through my little notebook I keep in the car lol) that 300 miles (500km ish) out of a tank is usual. Mainly because a run from my home to Penzance is about 310 miles and I can do it with only filling up at home, then fill up when I get to PZ.

thinking about it tho - 217km, is that around town driving? Lots of heavy first and 2nd gear bursts? That would drink the petrol. I tend not to get that at home 'cause work is only 5 mile away and the Supe is only just warm by the time I get there (basically I keep it below 4k revs until warm). Only time it really gets opened up is at the weekend on long runs.