The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Happy Days

Guest Geneb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get the impression this forum is a waste of fooking time posting on too many keyboard snipers

Blimey mate, calm down. :D Can't we ask a question with out you getting the hump?

I know what JamesMark said was out of order but apart from that I haven't seen anything you should be getting upset about.

It's supposed be your happy day! :)

I do not think you did anything wrong, at least not legally. Some would say morally you were not too nice but there will always be tight asses and softies who would have given her most if not all of her money back, especially if she was fit :)

I think the fact that you are happy about it kinda rubs some people the wrong way.

No biggie though as it has F-all to do with anyone on here, it is your business and you can conduct it however you like ;)

I think I would have exploited the situation and tried to get a blowjob out of it at least!!:D

You should have said 'Ooh, i'm not sure if I can give you your money back!! Maybe you should "speak to the judge" and see if that changes anything'..:D

Thats just me mate!!

H.

i aint ripping anyone off and i ain't strapped for cash either i paid out to have stuff removed and fitted, also turned down another buyer as i had deposit

That's life mate. people ask to much these days. if she had you messing about taking parts off and stuff. Then that's her problem.

I've been there done that. I sold an fto with 3 months mot. the guy who wanted it paid a deposit of £50 and asked me to mot it for him. The mot cost £160 which i paid and the mong was a no show. I also turned down 5 peoples offers which was more than his.

GO on holiday pal and enjoy the £500.;)

£500 is out of order at max and I would say absolute max £100, personally I would have given his/her the full £1000 back as I aint needing money that badly to rip off other people. Just imho and not anyone elses.

I agree 100%.

I would've given her the whole lot back too, even if I did need the money.

That's very mean, I think taking a deposit of £1000 is far too much anyway.

You are a mean git for sure!

I agree 100%.

this from a bloke that would happily not leave neg feedback for a bad seller just to protect his 100% feedback :rolleyes:

I agree 100%.

Hey Guess What Everyone YES IM MEAN, PEAVISH and hola lotta other nasty things and guess what i couldn't give a monkeys bottom.

if i'd gone ahead and bought my GTO on the promise of my supra going i would have been finacially down now. so i have my money and im gonna blow it on sweeties and if i can find another way to earn money that easily i'll do it as long as it legal.

Thats a b*tch that mate, but only up by about £200 after all the stuff i paid for so may just blow it on shiny stuff for under the bonnet:d

So whats everyone bitching about then, £200 for all your troubles is OK. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot things would be different.

Surely the whole point of a deposit is for the seller to agree retain the car for the buyer, and the buyer to agree to purchase the car from the seller.

Maybe if the girl in question was that concerned about losing her deposit, she should have checked whether she could get insurance before wasting peoples time looking at Supras.

Anyway, if she was that worried, she could have still bought it, and then sold it on herself to minimise any loss. She may even have made a profit ;)

If it was a bloke, rather than a fit girl ;) who messed Geneb around, I wonder if you'd all be leaping to his defence, or say that the timewasting bastard got all he deserved :)

I must admit, having sold cars for a living, and had to put up with messers who swear that they're going to have the car, and then pull out of the deal, after you've turned genuine buyers away. I really think that she got away lightly.

I'd have kept the grand :D

this from a bloke that would happily not leave neg feedback for a bad seller just to protect his 100% feedback :rolleyes:

I don't see that there's a real comparison and I said:

I don't often leave negative feedback on Ebay for this reason.

The whole feedback system doesn't work and I've never had a big problem with bad traders on Ebay.

I once didn't receive a sim card which cost me £1 , I was hardly going to leave a negative for that and land myself with one too.

I'm not stupid enough to buy really expensive stuff , but if I did and was ripped off I surely would leave a negative .

He's still a mean git!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I see it as a lesson learnt for her.

What would be the point of putting down a deposit if when you backed out you got it back?

I think giving her £500 back was more than generous enough, if it were me that had put the deposit down, I wouldn't expect to be getting any of it back.

Perhaps we're all heartless barstards in Witney eh?