The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo arrived today from XS in the states (GT45)

captainchaos

why do these turbos have mikalor clamps? what ever happeded to bolt on?

Seems a lot of manufactures use v band clamps now, makes for easier fitting as you can twist the downpipe.

The gt45 will be similar in lag to a T88 id say... i have had them next to each other and there almost identical except the gt45 has antisurge housing:)

Are you auto or manual?

If auto, what rpm does it reach FULL boost in 2nd gear? (3rd/4th gear manual)? Don't BS please mate :)

Its manual and to be honest i thought it would be a lot more

laggy than it is, it pulls nice from around 3500.

Ive just fitted some tlf 800 injectors and i am gonna put

some cams in this week, and thats it on this engine as ive bought a low mileage engine to fit pistons,rods,headwork etc.

I missed a lot of meets last year so at least it will be quick and

usable for now.

I guess you've had a read of my build thread so know what to be wary of... Scrap the oil feed and return, they're junk. Do not use the fpr either, its very poor quality. I found fuel pressure fluctuated when it got warm. Make sure you check the main exhuast flange and ensure it's perfectly flat (some aren't), and that the wastegate and fittings don't foul the block.

The downpipe also has the wrong flange for the stock O2 sensor and the exit is positioned wrongly. The air intake also need cutting short and two feeds blocked off.

Other than that and a few other bits its great for the money.

not a problem work for my father who owns a large steel fab company so ill sort all the niggles out at work.

Great, that'll save a few headaches for certain! Just so long as you're aware its not a bolt on kit..

Good luck with the install and please keep us posted :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...