The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging Interest

Guest steve77964

Guest steve77964
Steve,

Here is a useful thread for you mate. Have a look at the big hitters on the forum and ask them if they want to buy your car;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=79187&highlight=earn

lol cheers mate

its not about how much you earn as to be honest on my wage i wouldnt have bought this car, but how badly you want it!

although i guess the bigger wad you have the more likely it is...who knows????

Guest steve77964
Awsome car mate... thats mine parked next to it ;) Squires right?

I've seen this car in the flesh/metal and it looks fantastic, made mine look like a little mini...its soooooooo wide lol

I also took some pics of it that evening, hope you don't mind :)

yeah squires :)

i remember your car

course i dont mind you taking photos! post some up for me if you can?

thanks for the compliments too!

i don't think people realise how big/amazing the car is until you see it in the flesh!

Put it up at what you think its worth, if it doesn't get any interest then bring it down to somewhere that is getting interest, if i had the money i would buy it though :D .

One point though If i was selling a car for 20 k i would put in a lot more effort. Get new photos in a pretty location. List the full spec including history etc etc ;)

Hope you get what you want for it :thumbs:

Nice car, I do not think the price range you are asking is over the top. There will always be someone out there who would be willing to pay, just a matter of the right person to come along. Don't let some of the lowballers on here discourage you from sticking to your asking price. ;)

Some of you should be somewhat ashamed as you are only low balling yourselves. You would think people on here would want their cars to command as much as possible, yet when someone comes along with a fine example that has had a good amount of cash and time invested into it all you can do cut it down a few notches... Sad. :tongue:

Some of you should be somewhat ashamed as you are only low balling yourselves. You would think people on here would want their cars to command as much as possible, yet when someone comes along with a fine example that has had a good amount of cash and time invested into it all you can do cut it down a few notches... Sad. :tongue:

I agree in principle to what you are saying Joe but there are a few overarching factors involved in respect of the value of Supe's these days. Firstly, the exclusivity of the Supra is really confined to its bunch of merry little men that adore it (i.e. us). To the rest of the UK population, its just yet one more sports car to select from an already over populated market of varying different makes & models. Secondly, the 'Cars For Sale' section on this forum certainly does nothing to instil stability to the Supe market, especially when it constantly appears that a good number of nice cars don't even get looked at by the forum members; never mind being eventually purchased by them. Also, the likes of some of our forum importers can bring top-notch Supe's in for a fraction of the £20k figure, and because dozens of people have jumped on the import bandwagon, we now have a case where Supra's are 10-a-penny at the import stores.

It's very rare that you hear of cars that either hold their value or increase in worth over a period of time. It is for this reason that I see my hard earned pounds devaluating on a daily basis when I look at some of the threads on here. The fact that someone spends a fortune on a Supe doesn't guarantee that they will ever receive a good financial return upon resale. The simple fact is that we have cars that are now becoming significantly dated, and to the extent that even the young chavs are starting to pick them up for only a mere few thousand quid - the exclusivity and image is therefore degraded as is the price tag that is attached to each car.

It is each persons choice whether they wish to spend £1000's on single turbos or expensive body-kits but the market is not in a good state of repair to support high value expectations. I have written many responses to threads where I have queried why we, the club members, are ourselves de-valuing our own vehicles, but the simple fact is that the forum members are unable to preserve an artificial financial bubble for our cars. I think a car that retailed at £42K when first released (and is now worth £10-15K) is still quite credible considering its 10 to 14-year age-tag; especially when you observe the current car devaluation trends within the UK.

This whole equation relates to supply & demand, exclusivity, and the financial expenditure that someone is prepared to pay for a car.

Just my opinion but I don't think I'm that far off the mark!

Guest steve77964

thanks for putting the photos up bud :)