The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st time Supra buyer

Guest novaessexboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm be looking at a Carerra 4S - so guys, keep those 50p coming...some way to go.... ;)

Actually changed my mind....993 Turbo, thankyou very much.

If you're worried about exclusivity, I'd forget about 911s. The 996 has made them pretty common - and is also driving down prices enough that anybody can afford them. 993s still command a premium (and 993TTs are still expensive) - but your average person in the street can't tell the difference anyway.

And if you really care about exclusivity I probably shouldn't point out that the only reason I bought my Supra was because they are so cheap. There seemed almost no reason not to.

i went from a 2.0 megane coupe to a tt and then 8 months later i've got a t71 single:)

just drive sensibly

I've just upgraded my 1.4 Corsa to a TT Supra. Driving sensibly is definitely the way forwards! I can appreciate how the second turbo can catch people offguard, and how useless the stock traction control is. Just waiting for the Spring and some dry roads!

I've just upgraded my 1.4 Corsa to a TT Supra. Driving sensibly is definitely the way forwards! I can appreciate how the second turbo can catch people offguard, and how useless the stock traction control is. Just waiting for the Spring and some dry roads!

Big Hairy Henry will be very pleased to hear that:)

Big Hairy Henry will be very pleased to hear that:)

Better not tell Henry that I've had the back end out then :innocent:

Admittedly, I was doing about 3 mph, it was wet and the first turbo decided to say Hi, so no big deal in the end, but it certainly woke me up! I've been holding the traffic up ever since. Can't afford new rear tyres just yet after all ;)

If you're worried about exclusivity, I'd forget about 911s. The 996 has made them pretty common - and is also driving down prices enough that anybody can afford them. 993s still command a premium (and 993TTs are still expensive) - but your average person in the street can't tell the difference anyway.

Fair point - They are far too common - I just love the 993 TT....Looks amazing despite the crappy dated interior.

http://eluxurycar.co.kr/NEWS/020722/993TurboS/993turboS-1.jpg

Fair point - They are far too common - I just love the 993 TT....Looks amazing despite the crappy dated interior.

Agreed. I am often tempted to go the 993TT route - I just can't justify spending £45K on a 10 year old car.

Oh - and the interior grows on you. About a year after I bought the 964 I considered trading in for a 993 - but the dated 964 interior bugged me, and when I discovered the 993 was the same I decided it wasn't worth the extra cash. These days, I think of my interior as "classic" and wouldn't want a newer one! But it suits the 964 more because it's a classic 911 shape - 993 looks modern so somehow the interior looks worse on it.

Welcome.

Get used to the banter round hear chap and you'll be fine, just cut down on the text speak, the oldies can't understand you very well :D

Have a look in the cars for sale section, there are a few nice cars for sale. Whats your budget ?

As CJ said the model differences are complicated as everything was optional so some Rz's had the same toys as the GZ's.

Good luck. :)

Check out post 33 (surprised you missed it), I have already specified my requirements....let your amusement begin...... ;)

I didn't miss it. Bit gobsmacked that the Porsche is your choice. And fair doos. A nice bit of kit.

The amusement bit ; you misunderstand chap. That was just to wind you up. My own private amusement begun ages ago .. with post number #1 in July 2004 ;)

Glad that I keep you entertained

Imi, and I type this truely - with no word of a lie. Reading your posts makes my time on this BBS much more worthwhile. It makes the job of sifting alot easier.

Take it as a compliment - I mean, everybody has a skill ;)

I am really looking forward to it - perhaps start a seperate thread with weekly updates of the amount that you have collected :D

Well, we could have a whip around - how would that be ?

Not exactly, what you had in mind .... it's a Boxster -

I know!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

- not a 993 ... :rolleyes: ...

but beggers can't be choosers can they ? ;) :D

Tempting.....mid-engined, 50/50 weight distribution, great handling, the particular model that youve shown boasts amazing fuel economy.....

Naah - 993 TT for me - else i'll stick to my supra.

Guest novaessexboy

Guys, guys, guys. Thanks for the replies. The piss has royally been taken. But all taken in jest. I did drive a nova, but i do have a sense of humour (thats a joke waiting to be written to i suppose).

Any hows im 24, 25 in 3wks. Startd drivin @ 21, no claims, blah, blah, blah. Drive company car 4 Sony. Anything else ive missed??

Merry Xmas

Long may the piss be taken!!

never been in a supra.

take up the offer of a ride in a members car, well worth it IMO...

.........a NA might be a sensible choice but may not be as big a step up in speed over the Nova if the Nova was seriously tweaked.......it will be alot more refined and have a tight, solid and well screwed together feel though...

take up the offer of a ride in a members car, well worth it IMO...

.........a NA might be a sensible choice but may not be as big a step up in speed over the Nova if the Nova was seriously tweaked.......it will be alot more refined and have a tight, solid and well screwed together feel though...

good advice that :thumbs: