The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aquamist/Hybrids/FMIC and resulting EGT Temps

heckler

Originally posted by Terry S

but why is 950 good.

Because it's not 1000!:thumbs: And this is at 1.35bar

And well within the capacity of the plugs etc!

And fuelling is good! FMIC works!

The 'horror' stories of high EGT's is therefore patently not the case with these :thumbs:

Which is also good! Which means they are still a very attractive viable option to stock (or single) where insurance and cost may be an issue!

Hoorah!

900 is good, 950 is as high as you'd ever want to go. The "horror" stories are true, 1000degC+ means things aren't right and eventually the engine will fall apart. I still think hybrids are a viable upgrade too though, if (like everything else) done correctly.

And it's 'fazed' not 'phased' :)

-Ian

Guest Terry S

which is my point, you are very near the danger zone even with the mods you have undertaken. Never mind you know best.

when i get mine back going to fit a walbro, would it help as i am still on stock pump and injectors. and i would like to know how you can tell if the eater injection still working.

would it be wise to get some better fuel if you using it at dragstrip. say like 106 cool blue or is it no good for stock ecu.

think everyone knows you need to try run cool.

Originally posted by heckler

I have the aquamist dash display, tell you when its running, and the flow rate.

bugger - i don't have one of those. is there any way at all of knowing if the system is working other than check washer fluid levels?

Originally posted by Roy

bugger - i don't have one of those. is there any way at all of knowing if the system is working other than check washer fluid levels?

There is, however it only tells you that the pump is running, not that there is actual water flow, very easy, conncet a light/led accross the two wires of the pressure swtich. The dash display indicated water flow, and at what rate.

Originally posted by dude

No action yet ?????:conf:

Dude:flame Dev

action? out here, nope - it not a war zone out here at all - we're just monitoring what is happening in Iraq. Aircraft go flying, and i go to "work" when they land - if our cameras are broken... so far, been here a week, and nowt has broken. so much so, i'm of to the Intercontinental hotel in Doha for the day. :cool:

But theres plenty of other "action" walking around here, if you catch my drift... ;)