The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18" wheels+jspec headlights

TigerT76

Seriously?

I thought Scooter had bought them (he agreed to pay the asking price) but then it looked like Lewis had shafted him for them. Now you're saying you've got them. I'm confused.

I PM'd TigerT76 with an offer before any was posted in the thread. Thought I'd replied here but obviously not!

The only thing i don't get is why post up that he wants £250 for them when you've offered him more via PM?.........

..........as far as i was concerned they were on general offer on here........i posted on here that i'd have them.....but now i don't!

.....if, in order to be fair, he was going to offer these up to the guys who had pm'd him in order of the time they did it, why put them on general release.........

......its possibly sour grapes on my part but i feel a little hard done by............

The only thing i don't get is why post up that he wants £250 for them when you've offered him more via PM?.........

I hadn't heard back, so after seeing your and lewis' posts I offered a few more quid in a later PM to secure the deal. He did say 'ono' after the price so don't see a problem with haggling a bit to get a deal.

I hadn't heard back, so after seeing your and lewis' posts I offered a few more quid in a later PM to secure the deal. He did say 'ono' after the price so don't see a problem with haggling a bit to get a deal.

To me posting up "i'd like £250ono" means £250 would get you the item. Who puts something up for a Xono gets offered X and then says "i'm hanging on for a better offer?"

if, as it seems, he changed his mind and wanted to reassess what he was asking for them then fair enough but let those that were prepared to pay the original asking price know eh?.........

I don't expect you to see this as a problem unless of course between now and then someone else nicks them from under your nose then you might change your tune...........or would you just brush it off as one of those things?

I must say, I misunderstood, it seemed to be a post inviting offers, then after the hundred quid, saying he would like to get at least £250. Hey ho, it's not worth the worry, at the end of the day (as you said scooter) "lets let the seller decide" and he did........you can't really complain when it goes the way you asked for it to can you?

I must say, I think that things like this are always better in the open than pm but it's up to the seller how they sell their stuff.

MERRY CRIMBO!!!

I did not receive confirmation........My issue is that i would expect my offer of his full asking price to be sufficient.

My confirmation was late in the evening and by early morning there are gazumping offers.

So these and possibly other pm's would seem to have made the seller thinks he's letting them go cheap so he's gone for more money.......but no mention of this to me who's offered him his previous full asking price. So i ask for clarification as to whether they were mine, someone elses or available to the highest bidder............again no reply just a little later a straight "sorry these are now sold?"

Do you think it would have been different if i'd have pm'd him immediately after my post? do you think he'd have stuck to his price then? or do you think it had more to do with the higher offers he got?

I know what i think...............

I must say, I misunderstood, it seemed to be a post inviting offers, then after the hundred quid, saying he would like to get at least £250.

maybe I misunderstood but like i said earlier £250ono to me means "i'd be happy with £250 but may take a near offer" and not at least £250...........

Ok, just logged on and seen there seems to be some confusion on the price etc....

They were up for £250 ono, that means to me nearest offer either way.

I then recieved a PM from Homer showing geniune interest and my first cash offer, which i excepted.

Then it appeared that a select few were bidding on them, not at my consent but didn't mind.

I posted as soon as i could and after i recieved payment from Homer to let everyone know that they were brought and paid for.

I also answered as many question via the thread and PM's as quickly as i could.

I took Homers offer because it was the first but by far not the highest.

I hope this clears things up for you all!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.