• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 11 months later...

I know I'm dragging up an old thread of mine, but thought it would be relevant:

For those who park in a garage, is it a single garage? If so, do you know your garage dimensions?

And does anyone know the length of the Supra door?

I'm trying to work out if the Supra would fit in my garage - I've got a pillar on the RHS wall which I think is going to make things worse when trying to get in or out, unless I reverse into the garage but I think that's gonna be hard!

Here's a photo of my garage:

If the supra doesn't fit in here, then I won't be getting one - it's that simple. I want to really look after my next car, and as it'd only get driven at weekends leaving it out on the road is NOT an option for me. I'd have to then find a different car to purchase that DOES fit in the garage. :(

Cheers

My garage is about that size and its fits quite easy. You have to drive in the car at a slight angle, so the passenger side is close to the wall. It also helps to stick a sponge against the wall where you open your door, so the paint doesnt damage if you accidently open the door too far. (the sponge could also serve as a mark to know how far you can drive the car back into the garage.)

ah that's good news then. I have carpet stuck to the pillar in particular, but could extend this to cover more of the wall if necessary.

I'm also toying with the idea of putting one of those rounded mirrors in the top left corner of the garage, so I can see how close to the walls I am when parking. Not that I'm sh*t at parking or anything (lol) but with a car as big as the Supra I'd want to make sure it wasn't too close!

Unfortunatly I park mine on the street albeit in a quiet cul de sac, I have an empty drive way that can fit a few cars and a big enough but empty garage... :( to say I was gutted when I first got the Supra home to find it wouldn't go over the slight peak in the drive because its to long and low is an understatement... now wheres the number for a rouge JCB driver that'll rip up pavements :eyebrows:

Garage, measured it before we bought the house. :D

I like that, lol. Go to view a House hmmmm yeah quite nice now let's measure the Garage. Nope to small sorry ain't buying your house lolol. :D

Mine is parked on a private driveway at the bottom of a very private bumpy road lol.

well the missus has photos of me measuring the garage of the house we eventually bought! lol..... no idea why she took them - probably to show people that I'm mad!!!!

You have to be mad to own a supra in the first place ;)

Yep.

As mad as me, washing the Supe in the wind and drizzle earlier, ready for next weekends meet.

• 3 months later...

I havn,t got a Supra yet but I have just rented a Garage a couple of miles away. The garage door is 80" (6-8") wide, Inside it is 94" (7-10") wide, And it is 188" (15-8") long. I have read that a Supra is 5-11" wide & 14-10" long. Does anybody Know If this width is with the mirrors out or can they be pushed in to gain extra space? ...How wide is your Supra. Thanks Den1:)

I havn,t got a Supra yet but I have just rented a Garage a couple of miles away. The garage door is 80" (6-8") wide, Inside it is 94" (7-10") wide, And it is 188" (15-8") long. I have read that a Supra is 5-11" wide & 14-10" long. Does anybody Know If this width is with the mirrors out or can they be pushed in to gain extra space? ...How wide is your Supra. Thanks Den1:)

You'll need to flip the mirrors in to get it past the door pillars IMO.

Mine just fits past a 6'9" gatepost opening with about an inch to spare either side.

I take it very slooowww when I'm reversing in. ;)

Guest LennyLexus

The of lack of a garage or double garage is one of the main reasons holding me back from buying a supe.

Currently have a driveway suitable for 1.75 cars, so me lex (IS200 Compressor) sits on it most of the time, feel bad about leaving it out in the rain and dust.

Next house will need to have a large/double garage, or space to build one, or a very large driveway would have to be a compromise :(

I live in nice safe, quiet road but supra always in garage with company car parked in front for extra security. Very tight garage, get girlfriend to stand at back of car when I reverse in to make sure I don't reverse into wall or catch wing mirrors!