The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Pump

Jake

Originally posted by Ian C

Forklift driver?!

I believe he was referring to this entertaining thread.

Jake, you're going to Thor on June 5th aren't you? I'd get your SLD checked out while you are there if the problem doesn't go.

I'm having a speedo converter fitted while i'm there.

Originally posted by outatime

I believe he was referring to this entertaining thread.

Jake, you're going to Thor on June 5th aren't you? I'd get your SLD checked out while you are there if the problem doesn't go.

I'm having a speedo converter fitted while i'm there.

Good idea mate! See you there.

Guest Terry S

Jake It shouldn't be the plugs mate, I have run 25 psi on them before. Get Dude to check the coil pack leads as well.

i noticed before i fitted the fuel cut defender that i could gradually build up speed and did not get fuel cut. but when you stomp on the gas it used to kick down and go mad then hit fuel cut. happens at 80mph or so for me. fitted trl fuel cut defender and i never solderd the wires just cut back and twisted them tight and taped up. worked ok for me.

but did notice i still used to get fuel cut on odd times, like on way to work on a cold morning. dont know if it was the second fuel cut limit.

another thing i once got slight hessitating when you put your foot down must have been missing, had some ngk plugs fitted by CW and it was back to normal.

Originally posted by Terry S

Jake It shouldn't be the plugs mate, I have run 25 psi on them before. Get Dude to check the coil pack leads as well.

Will do Tel, cheers.

Those conectors that go to the coils packs are a right bugger to get back on properly aren't they. The plastic bits on a couple of mine have pretty much fallen to bits which made it really fiddly to get them back on.