The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutches

Gamer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just a noise issue ?
Yes but don't underestimate how annoying it is.

It makes your car sound like a bag of spanners and you very soon get bored of people asking you what is wrong with your car.

Sitting in traffic and wondering if something actually is going to break (cos that's what it sounds like) kinda ruins the single turbo enjoyment too.

Yes but don't underestimate how annoying it is.

It makes your car sound like a bag of spanners and you very soon get bored of people asking you what is wrong with your car.

I second that. I'm on Os giken with lightened flywheel. Sounds nasty on idle and low revs. :blink:

sorry dude, but its just personal choice in a way,

Some people dont mind the chatter. Some hate it.

I bought a Carbon Carbon off martin but chose the heavyer flywheel option.

Some may say im an idiot for doing so on a car that will hardly see a drag race.

I hate flywheel chatter, thats why i did it.

PS: Have a search, i think if you raise your idle to about 1100 rpm it virtually goes away ;)

The RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Lightened Flywheel is one of the heavier lightened flywheels. Sometimes I don't get any noise from it.

It's only on Idle that you get the noise associated with lightened flywheel. You can always raise your idle speed slightly too to eliminate the noise. The above flywheel lasts longer than stock too.

Pros: Power to wheels is quicker (compared to stock). Suppose to last longer than stock

Cons: Revs drop quicker on gear change. If you are doing hard driving/quick gear changes you won't notice. Noise on idle

Yeah, just keep taking it back to your mapper and pay to have the idle fucked about with until you get it right. It's only money.

Besides, it's cool to have a car that ticks over in heavy traffic at 1200rpm, right?

Gimme a stock flywheel and the stock tickover speed anyday.

Fair enough Jake. I do have the benefit of having an unlocked Motec and I think I should be able to handle a bit of idle adjustment. I see where your coming from though and I probably should have held out a bit but 560 compared to 1400 is worth a shot. I had to make a quick decision hopefully it does not annoy me as much. :(

I have a lightened flywheel and an HKS triple clutch, and yes the clutch is a switch and yes the flywheel makes the car sound like it's about to fall apart - they are the facts.

However, the HKS clutch is good once on the move, and I have got used to it - I rarely stall it, that is a feat I save for when outside Turbofit and everyones watching :D I don't mind it Joe, so just see how you get on.

As for the flywheel, be interested to see what you make of it. Doesn't bother me too much :)