The mkiv Supra Owners Club

do-luck,lowered? how do you get by in life?

fat_controller

how do people find driving about with a lowered supra and a do luck front, or a veilside(just somthing that stick's out alot.lol)

will have a do-luck and eibachs on a car i have placed a deposit on and just getting a bit woried:( . how do people get on with speed bumps? or is that a bit tricky. don't wanna ruin the paint and keep getting the bumper sprayed, might stick stock springs back on. anyone got any pics of a supra on 18's and stock spring?

thanks for any input

Hi matey got do-luck on mine ive had a few scrapes with mine on speed bumps nothingto drastic though but im on standard suspension height, as gamer said its kerbs at the end of parking spaces that are the main problem i always reverse in now its easier.

cheers chris

The wheels are 18's as well

• 2 weeks later...

On my Old Supra I had Adjustable HKS suspension set nice and low and a Do-Luck nose and found it a complete PITA. Speed humps werent that bad it was just getting up and down hills with sharp inclines at the bottom, found it impossible. Now I have a Top Secret nose and stock springs and its sooooooo much better. Saying that I love the look of the Do-Luck and it was worth the hassle at the time ;)

i've often thought of putting tiny little rollers along the bottom of the bumper (cannot be seen) so that if and when you do hit a speed bump or what ever the rollers with take the impact and just glide on over.
I know somebody whos got a very low front on a rex7 they have actually put domed headed bolts through the bottom of the spoiler using very large washers to spread the load works a treat by all accounts but it depends on the style of the bumper if this feasable i suppose.

i've often thought of putting tiny little rollers along the bottom of the bumper (cannot be seen) so that if and when you do hit a speed bump or what ever the rollers with take the impact and just glide on over.

I've thought of putting dome head coach bolts on the corners of the spoiler to protect against kerbing while parallel parking (my parking is pants)!

Also I thought of a stainless sheet undertray for the spoiler with a lip that curls up over the front just 1/2 an inch to protectr from speed bump scrapes & the like. Would make good sparks too :D

I've seen some metal spring 'deeliebopper' type things that stick about 2 inches out from the corners of the spoiler and twang on obstructions to let you know you're too close. Don't know what they're called but they were used in the states a lot.

Well where I work i've 12 speed bumps, 1st and last are huge so when my Do-Luck front goes on next week it should be fun!!! :)

I've upped my 18's to 19's so that's an extra 1/2 lift off the ground.

I can't remember the measurements for sure but the bottom of the headlight to the bottom of a stock bumper then the same on the do-luck was about 40mm difference I think?

So in theory if i've worked my calculations right...

Going from 18's to 19's has give me an extra 1.27cm lift.

So i've only got a 2.73cm drop to worry about and measuring the bump to the car at lowest point the other day i've approx a 2.8cm gap so should be ok!!! :)

Of course in reality expect a....

I'VE QUIT JOB AS CAN'T GET OVER SPEEDBUMP POST next week at somepoint

Well where I work i've 12 speed bumps, 1st and last are huge so when my Do-Luck front goes on next week it should be fun!!! :)

I've upped my 18's to 19's so that's an extra 1/2 lift off the ground.

I can't remember the measurements for sure but the bottom of the headlight to the bottom of a stock bumper then the same on the do-luck was about 40mm difference I think?

So in theory if i've worked my calculations right...

Going from 18's to 19's has give me an extra 1.27cm lift.

So i've only got a 2.73cm drop to worry about and measuring the bump to the car at lowest point the other day i've approx a 2.8cm gap so should be ok!!! :)

Of course in reality expect a....

I'VE QUIT JOB AS CAN'T GET OVER SPEEDBUMP POST next week at somepoint

The problem i find with the do-luck front is how far the lip at the bottom sticks out compared with stock thats what causes the most probs not how low it actually is.