The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of my Turbofit NA induction pipe

blitz supra

I would say probably the only way to test for gain/loss is dyno the car directly before and after fitment, other than that it is the placebo effect that makes you think you have made some gain, if you look what mkivstore are doing with Jody's SZ this is the right way to see gains with various mods

See someone else who knows what they are doing LOL :p

I would say something though,and i noticed it immediatley

The car certainly feels much crisper lower down the rev range, pick up in certainly improved at lower revs before the NA magic 5500 rpm

Wonder if you were to fit this pipe and still keep standard Airbox whether any improvement would be seen either,

When you look at the standard pipe there seems to be a lot of restriction in Airflow with the Resonator boxes etc not allowing Air straight in and smoothly ,

Just a thought...

I would say probably the only way to test for gain/loss is dyno the car directly before and after fitment, other than that it is the placebo effect that makes you think you have made some gain

I agree, and as Martin stated above it's proven too. All i asked for was to see how and where on the curve it effected it and now it seems there is no proof. I wouldn't have cared if you hadn't of mentioned you've proved it, but i was intrested in the technical data since it seemed there was some.

And Martin what's with all the "Wo is me, im such a bad man" routine that you keep doing lately?? Makes you look like a 13 year old trying to get the upper hand with his parents.

NO sheets available as it was for our development, but if you take it right up to the plenum you loose around 5BHP.

INduction length is suited per car, so it is very critical.

how long should it be then martin im gonna do mine after crimbo would like to get the right length cant afford to lose bhp

Since Turbofit done my pipe ive noticed a slightly different induction noise and the pickup low down is a bit more responsive, but now im used to it so ive got bored again :D

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/BlueXR2/pipenew.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/BlueXR2/newpipe3.jpg[/qimg]

If your pipe was 3" longer the filter'd be through your headlight! Looks nice and tidy and adds abit of bling! :cool:

I really would love to see a before and after dyno of these things, I really would :D

Just out of interest, would you rather fit to your NA:

a) A system developed with tuned lengths to increase low down torque, resonator boxes to avoid annoying noises, and cold air intake ducting to get the best possible source of air.

b) A system designed using the criteria of "does it fit and look shiny" which ignores any pulse tuning or resonance aspects, and picks up hot engine bay air that has just gone through the radiator and is forced into the air filter by the engine fan

c) A performance uprated aftermarket induction kit as detailed in this thread?

-Ian

I really would love to see a before and after dyno of these things, I really would :D

Just out of interest, would you rather fit to your NA:

a) A system developed with tuned lengths to increase low down torque, resonator boxes to avoid annoying noises, and cold air intake ducting to get the best possible source of air.

b) A system designed using the criteria of "does it fit and look shiny" which ignores any pulse tuning or resonance aspects, and picks up hot engine bay air that has just gone through the radiator and is forced into the air filter by the engine fan

c) A performance uprated aftermarket induction kit as detailed in this thread?

-Ian

Honastly, the figures were just written down on a sheet of paper as it was for our development.

Oh and BTW I pick - A

Well the pipe has been on 5 days now and it gets better and better (does the ECU adjust to compensate for more air???), The car has a "very noticeable kick" it really responds now and picks up very quickly from 3500rpm with a "kick"

I'd go as far as to say the best £80.00+ vat i have ever spent on the car, Induction sound is sweet too along with the exhaust,

The missus drove it today and without me saying anything prior when she got back in she said blimey that car drives totally different.. very responsive

As I said best £80.00 i've ever spent..

Did you get in an identical TT by any chance?

:innocent:

Yeah i know, LOL!!! can't beleive the difference for so little money, Never thought it would make a blind bit of difference TBH, did it for looks really

It used to have the typical NA punch at 5500rpm , now it wakes up and just pulls from 3500rpm, so well pleased and the sound change is a bonus too..

It would be interesting if anyone has fitted this pipe with a std Airbox and noticed any changes too ??? + it would look good as well even with the std Airbox, that black plastic pipe is nasy looking..

Chris did you spray your cover yourself?? If so very good job :clap:

The cam covers were powder coated by colsoop, I then painted the plastic parts and the red Rising Sun logo by hand (Hammerite) - would have had a better finish had I sprayed it but it was really just a 'practice run' - glad you like it dude - once I get the Lex I'll be having another go (and colsoop will be busy again LOL):D :d