The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New tyres needed

afreemason

We have hankooks on at the moment so shouldn't be hard to improve on those from a road noise point of view ......

Strangely when I worked on the Transit 135Ps (those 6 speed ones you see passing you on the motorway;)) the best tyres for the drive by noise test were shaved Hankooks!

I ran Pirelli a few years ago and they were done after aprox 12K. Im now on KUMHO ECSTA, SPT 245s front and SUPRA (fancy that) 275s rear done nearly 15K and they have hardly worn and for a harder compound tyre the grip is great too, in all a good value tyre for your hard won cash, oh right cash, £170 fronts £220 rear all in.

I'm trying the Falken 452's highly recommended. £104 delivered for the fronts and £127 delivered for the rears from Camskill.

http://www.camskill.co.uk

Wouldn't touch Mytyres with a stolen wheel brace. Bad experiences with them.

m.

What's wrong with mytyres, I heard they were good, were recommended by someone at work and their prices are some of the cheapest I've ever seen

Falkens are good but on mytyres for the size I'm after I can get bridgestone RE050A's for the same price, makes the choice a no brainer I guess :)

Mytyres really screwed me over for my MOT. Ordered some 235/40/R17s off them in advance of the MOT (well in advance) and a week later nothing. I natuarally followed up, they admited the mistake and said they were in the warhouse and would be sent out asap.

another week, still nothing, i chase again. They admit they don't have any of those tyres in stock and instead offer me some Nanking's at a price higher than the website price! By now it was too close to the MOT to waste another week with them (they didn't apologise the second time at all). Ordered from Camskill and they were with me the next day, great service.

Shop about though, Mytyres are cheap for some but more expensive for others. Different sites seem to have deals with different manufactures so Blackcircles also offer good and bad price. Tyre Traders is another.

m.

EDIT: Price Comparison for two delivered tyres, prices per tyre though

Falken 452 235/40/R17

Blackcircles £73.32 + £10.50 delivery

Mytyres £71.80 delivery free (if you are lucky and usually takes at least a week as they seem to be in Germany)

Tyre Traders £74.50 delivery free. can't comment on times

Camskill £71 delivery free within two days

m.