The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M3 better or not?? I think not!

tinkerbell

Guest timalbert

i fcucking HATE BMWS+ESPECIALLY M3`S!! My best mate got a e36 m3 and thinks its da dogs u know wat! ive driven it and its boring,slow compared to my old fiat coupe turbo,overrated,overpriced,dull,crap,un inspiring,their owners think they rule the road(and the world),overrated(again).wot makes me laugh though is when some idiot in a 318i looks at you with his m3 replica(with fake m3 badge) and looks down at you!! its all just an image thing,they think that because they drive a BM that they are superior to you!! stick with the jap cars people!!!!:p :p :p :p

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fcucking HATE BMWS+ESPECIALLY M3`S!! My best mate got a e36 m3 and thinks its da dogs u know wat! ive driven it and its boring,slow compared to my old fiat coupe turbo,overrated,overpriced,dull,crap,un inspiring,their owners think they rule the road(and the world),overrated(again).wot makes me laugh though is when some idiot in a 318i looks at you with his m3 replica(with fake m3 badge) and looks down at you!! its all just an image thing,they think that because they drive a BM that they are superior to you!! stick with the jap cars people!!!!:p :p :p :p

And breath :blink:

Pretty impressive rant from a man that admits to having a Fiat Coupe :innocent:

The wife's just got a 2006 320d Coupe on contract hire. I think its superb, the build quality is excellent although the dash is a little bland, it does 60 in 8.5 secs and gets 50 MPG. Then again for £23 grand you'd expect it to be good.

Thing is, if I thought this car was slightly flash or better than the Jones's cars I wouldn't be after a Supra. As previously stated, the Supra is timeless and although it has it's flaws it is one hell of a good looking car.:search:

I get quite embarrased when out in the BM as people treat you as if you're a dick. Seem many BM's driving as if they own the road and I don't want to be associated with that shit.

H.

Guest timalbert

ure damn right they think they rule the road!! no matter what car u bring up in a conversation and the BEEMER will always be superior in their deluded mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so dull and common as muck. If you like dull cars get a BMW, personally I don't and I suspect I will lead a happy life never owning one - I'll leave that to the masses, the sheep, people with no imagination and stupidity to throw money away to get what they think is status - yawn

ure damn right they think they rule the road!! no matter what car u bring up in a conversation and the BEEMER will always be superior in their deluded mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offence here mate...

but the same could be said about supra owners... thinking that the supra is superior to other cars...

and as for M3's being as common as muck....

there are alot more supras in maidstone than M3's, so i hardly see how they are as common as muck...

They are so dull and common as muck. If you like dull cars get a BMW, personally I don't and I suspect I will lead a happy life never owning one - I'll leave that to the masses, the sheep, people with no imagination and stupidity to throw money away to get what they think is status - yawn

Can't really agree with you there mate. Yes they are common as muck, but I don't think it's dull. We had plenty of imagination as we could have picked any car we wanted within reason.

Then again my wifes coupe is a company car that we chose and it costs us fuck all (well £80 a month in tax). If I was paying £23k out of my own arse pocket then NO they are not worth it. I'd have got a Lexus.

Like I said "This is why I want a Supe"!!!

H.

Cor for such a dull and boring car it doesn't half seem to be stirring some emotions here ;) but then this is a Supra BBS and I would expect nothing more. I've had both and I liked both and I've also poured quite a bit of money and my life into Supra's so I'm not a hater. I never for one minute buy any car for the status value or think it makes me any better than anyone else.

What one is better , well I'm not going to answer that as so far in this thread we have had comparisons to about 3 models of M3 , bpu Supras and moded supras. So not exactly fair judgement.And I've got a funny feeling what I would say would fall on deaf ears. I know that a few guys with singles that have said to me that if they had to go back to stock twins they would not want to drive the supra again and would rather sell ;)

I will say that some comments about how common an M3 is and how much they are to run on here are quite funny. Supras are not Cheap to maintain correctly and are not as rare as people would be led to think. Supras are now cheap to buy but that doesn't mean the care and attention they need has dropped in cost either. One main gripe I have about some of the comments here is the driver is a dick and has no imagination syndrome if he has a BMW , Merc whatever. I can't see how you can judge the character of a person on the car he/she drives. After all would we say that the rapid influx of bomex, veilside and doluck bumpers on supras individual or lack of imagination ? . Simple, there are dicks in all walks of life, But I hope that choice and a persons taste is not a thing to be judged but instead makes us human and different :)

M3s - love them

Supras - love them

Both good cars, why do people need to argue about it? It's a close call whatever side of the fence you come down on.

If he'd said the Vauxhall Omega was a better car than the Supra then it would definitely be worth pointing out the errors of his ways.

I've driven M3s - they don't feel quick but they are. And I felt flash driving the E46 M3 CS, but I feel like I want to smile every time I drive my Supra and look forward to every journey.

M3s - love them

Supras - love them

Both good cars, why do people need to argue about it? It's a close call whatever side of the fence you come down on.

If he'd said the Vauxhall Omega was a better car than the Supra then it would definitely be worth pointing out the errors of his ways.

I've driven M3s - they don't feel quick but they are. And I felt flash driving the E46 M3 CS, but I feel like I want to smile every time I drive my Supra and look forward to every journey.

:cool: :thumbs:

Cor for such a dull and boring car it doesn't half seem to be stirring some emotions here ;) but then this is a Supra BBS and I would expect nothing more. I've had both and I liked both and I've also poured quite a bit of money and my life into Supra's so I'm not a hater. I never for one minute buy any car for the status value or think it makes me any better than anyone else.

What one is better , well I'm not going to answer that as so far in this thread we have had comparisons to about 3 models of M3 , bpu Supras and moded supras. So not exactly fair judgement.And I've got a funny feeling what I would say would fall on deaf ears. I know that a few guys with singles that have said to me that if they had to go back to stock twins they would not want to drive the supra again and would rather sell ;)

I will say that some comments about how common an M3 is and how much they are to run on here are quite funny. Supras are not Cheap to maintain correctly and are not as rare as people would be led to think. Supras are now cheap to buy but that doesn't mean the care and attention they need has dropped in cost either. One main gripe I have about some of the comments here is the driver is a dick and has no imagination syndrome if he has a BMW , Merc whatever. I can't see how you can judge the character of a person on the car he/she drives. After all would we say that the rapid influx of bomex, veilside and doluck bumpers on supras individual or lack of imagination ? . Simple, there are dicks in all walks of life, But I hope that choice and a persons taste is not a thing to be judged but instead makes us human and different :)

I'd say that's probably true. And I AM one of the people that wouldn't want to have a stock twin Supra anymore.

You're also correct in saying that the comparisons are wrong. Any comparison should only be done against a early E36, vs Stock UK TT. And that was done years ago and the Supra won!!! :D

BMW's are OK. They do come out with a stonking car every now and again. The E30 M3 was a fantastic car. I've never really been bowled over by the 36 or 46, but you have to admit that 343 hp is impressive for a 6 pot NA.

I really like the old (1999) M5 too. It's such a composed and well thought out car. Bland as hell, but nice to drive and take the family out in..... But if I wanted a car that I could really enjoy, was fairly quick and that I could take the family out in, I'd buy an Evo or Impreza.... Oh, hang on, I did :innocent:

As for the new M5, I'm sure that'll be a cracking car... I'll let you know my opinion soon enough ;)

But with an evo or scoob you might get branded with the bland everyone has got one brush ;)

Nope I know where your coming from and I respect your likes and dislikes and I wont judge you on it like it seems to be the running theme of late on here. After all you chose yellow for your colour :p .

Any comparison should only be done against a early E36, vs Stock UK TT. And that was done years ago and the Supra won!!!

Ah the old NA V's Turbo test :p :D Pity it wast NA v's NA, might have gone a different way :innocent:

no offence here mate...

but the same could be said about supra owners... thinking that the supra is superior to other cars...

and as for M3's being as common as muck....

there are alot more supras in maidstone than M3's, so i hardly see how they are as common as muck...

Open your eyes a little lol, E46 M3's are defo common as muck, i see atleast one everyday down here in W.London, when it comes to the Supra, im lucky if i see one a week....no exageration!

Saying that, the E46 is very lush, mostly driven by twats who don't realise that the motorway has three lanes.