The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Look What They Are Saying About Supra

SUPRA TT

TBH we should be more concerned about the potential new MKIV owner. "we have enough knobheads here already"

That's true! Us newbies have really lost the plot! After buying the sup, I just couldn't afford the medalion :blink: ( I never came with the hairy back:( but do have some spare football socks:d)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest timalbert

i had one of these coupes a while back,and that was tuned quite a bit,but a TT SUPRA would ABSOLUTELY DESTROY IT!! the reliability was also unbelievably bad[sHOCK][/sHOCK] havent had a single problem with the sup so far![GRIN][/GRIN]

I remember racing one of these at santa pod a couple years back.

Before the race i got chatting to the driver and he was seriously boasting about his car saying he'd spend over £30k on modifications etc (which included one of those steering wheel paddle shift thingys). Not at one point did i say anything about the power of the supra (which at the time mine was fairly standard) as i was genuinely thinking he might beat me cos of the money he'd spent, anyways i won and he was at least 5 car lengths behind possibly a lot more....highly amusing.

Naturally i went up to him after and asked what happened ? he must have come out with at least 3 unrelated excuses, one being he missed gear (so much for the paddle shift - money well spent)another being he had the wrong boost setting (surely you'd check, double check and check again before going down the strip?)

I have a video of it if i can work out how to host it. That would settle the argument ?

apart from the new mini cooper works and the new golf gti, i believe they are the fastest front wheel drive car out there aren't they ? similar spec as a Ford Focus RS.

Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo 220bhp

1,307 kgs

0-60mph = 6.40

0-100mph = 16.02

60-100mph = 9.62

1/4 mile = 14.78 @ 96.05

Fiat Coupe 20vTurbo 240bhp

1,307kgs

0-60 = 5.96

0-100mph = 14.49

60-100mph = 8.53

1/4 mile = 14.32 @ 99.39

I think the older 16v Turbo's have the same engine as my Lancia Delta Integrale, so a very old design. I'm sure you can chip/mod them to 300 ish, but the reliability would be shocking. Can't really see how it would beat a Supra from a standing start.

Agreed, I used to have a 16v integrale, the engine died 'big style' twice, the head gasget went, the clutch disintegrated after a spirited launch, the head got cracks in it, the end of a drive shaft fell off... and so on...

the later 5cyl 20v engine is a much better engine from what I understand

I have a fiat punto run-around.

I'm under it again tonight, with some more cable ties and spanners, primerily because the bonnet is ceased shut.. mmm. nice!

When I took it to my mechanic he says in his prodest geordie accent;

"aye,... fiat worse than death"

I have to say though that it's been abused beyond belief by my better half, she even drove it off a bridge last year!

I saw one of these at Guildford cruise a couple of weeks ago and it looked bloody rapid when he drove off in first gear.

I'm sure it was rapid (as much as any FWD car can be...)

but I bet a supra TT looks impressive too from a launch :D especially bpu or singled...

A chap at work has a turbo one in camp purple, he took me out in his car and it pulled like an NA. I got bored and nearly dropped off, at which stage I took him out in my TT and not only was he impressed by the speed (2nd turno grins all round) but he was going for the imaginary brake pedal as we approached bends and I was still gunning it ;)

So they're out powered and out cornered... and make people wonder if their owners are ghay - is there anything else to say? ;)

i know about these fiat coupe 20v turbo furom couse i used to have one of them and yesterday i recieved an emial saying about a meeting lol the coupe 20v t for its class its qiuck belive me and mine it was chiped and boost i put it up to 20 psi and stanlees exausth and decat ,but not to supra tt .the problems i had you dont want to know and one thing i say to change the timing belt its £1000 job engine out heart attack :bang:

with the supra i have i will shit on it lol