The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few questions from a relative newbie

hiten55

It is sad, that you try to make me look stupid, when I was actually asking about sound from begining. Yes I was reading about BOV using link to technician forum, yes i know, how it works, no - i do not want to put damn BOV to N/A car, yes I want to ask about sound made by releasing air. You knew exactly, that I was asking about sound, as you gave me direct link to device, which was making effect I asked about. Do I made myself clear now?

Dude, if you thought I was actually serious with the ebay link, then

I don't need to worry about making you look stupid.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, if you thought I was actually serious with the ebay link, then

I don't need to worry about making you like stupid.

I didn't say I want to put this into Supra, I was just asking if it was possible. I can tell you even why - nowdays I've seen many really crap cars around making strange whistle - I was wondering, what they putting into their car to "simulate" turbo - you gave me answer. If I will want to hear this sound tho in my car - I will buy TT.

I didn't say I want to put this into Supra, I was just asking if it was possible. I can tell you even why - nowdays I've seen many really crap cars around making strange whistle - I was wondering, what they putting into their car to "simulate" turbo - you gave me answer. If I will want to hear this sound tho in my car - I will buy TT.

Fair enough we are on the same page then... mind you I have just thought of fitting an airhorn pump to a HKS SSQV onto the missus's golf for a laugh... could be amusing watching her drive off..

To be grown up you do not have to play or be "pro". If you do not like newbie questions, do not look here any time of week, cuz I finish uni long time ago and have mon-fri time to write something here anyway. Besides - I thought that this subforum is to ask about any stupid thing i wish without seting newbies to "wanna be funny" pro's sarcasm?
I'm not sure if you mean to be as aggressive as you seem or whether it's something that happens in translation. If it's the former you should lose the attitude. Otherwise you will quickly find your questions going unanswered.

I'm not sure if you mean to be as aggressive as you seem or whether it's something that happens in translation. If it's the former you should lose the attitude. Otherwise you will quickly find your questions going unanswered.

It is not that - I found it really amusing, that Dave trying to show his maturity by pointing out school kids and Phoenix who deliberatly (spelling?) twisting my words, when both of them knew, what I was asking about. Phoenix even continue this mentioning HKS SSQV in golf (he prolly was thinking about 1 litre diesel version).

Yes i know how to use google...

@Davo

Actually, we suppose to LIKE each other nowdays (as Poland supports Ukraine in NATO and EU candidature and supported in Orange Revolution). What a times

BUT - Peace guys - I will spend some time reading things about Supras and expanding my English dictionary, so next time I will ask about something I will make myself more clear to avoid confusion and flaming. We just messed guys topic and I'm part of it (hate it tho, used to be moderator at few forums).

So:

Manual or Auto? Guy want to spend some money!

@Davo

Actually, we suppose to LIKE each other nowdays (as Poland supports Ukraine in NATO and EU candidature and supported in Orange Revolution). What a times

Oh. I always thought the Ukranians disliked everyone. Nationalistic buggers really. I suppose I don't really have to dislike you that much because my name is very Western Ukranian in origin - Probably west of Lvov (or Lviv if you prefer) which, depending on the year was part of Poland.

It is not that - I found it really amusing, that Dave trying to show his maturity by pointing out school kids and Phoenix who deliberatly (spelling?) twisting my words, when both of them knew, what I was asking about. Phoenix even continue this mentioning HKS SSQV in golf (he prolly was thinking about 1 litre diesel version).

Yes i know how to use google...

Actually, I owe you an apology, I wasn't twisting your words (well, at least not on purpose), I misread what you said as 'I want to fit a BOV to an NA'.

As far as fitting it to my missus's golf, I was actually being serious, just to scare the hell out of her, nothing else, it was meant in humour, and no it isn't a diesel version, it is worse than that 1.4 petrol version *grin*

The bit about having to deal with auto's and not investing in a manual comment was however slightly out of order, as some of us actually choose to have the auto out of choice.

Again, if things have become lost in translation then I do apologise.

Lol, so anyway, i'll get whatever turns up then, but if i have a choice of auto or manual - looks like i'll have to leave it to "other" factors....

by the way, if anyone has or knows of a cheap TT (around £5k mark) can they let me know please? doesnt have to be immaculate - gonna be stripped down any way - but needs to be road worthy.... Thanks

Lol, so anyway, i'll get whatever turns up then, but if i have a choice of auto or manual - looks like i'll have to leave it to "other" factors....

Definatly drive both dude if you can.....I drive an auto and its a dream to drive, smooth as you like and never short of power....plant your foot and your away

Never driven a manual but wish I had, I had to take my car when it came along.....it was an auto but also had only done 21000 mile so had to go for it really :)

I have had both. My first Supra was an auto as it was a cost issue at the time and I desperately wanted a Supra. I now have a 6sp Manual and do prefer it but thats not to say I didnt like the Auto. the auto is very smooth and gives a good response when you 'kick down' the accelerator. But I find the Manual gives you more of a driving experience and keeps you in control. Saying that, when I had my Auto I always had it in 'Manual' mode when driving urban.

For just 5k you are definately looking at Autos only I think mate. Good luck ;)

I have had both. My first Supra was an auto as it was a cost issue at the time and I desperately wanted a Supra. I now have a 6sp Manual and do prefer it but thats not to say I didnt like the Auto. the auto is very smooth and gives a good response when you 'kick down' the accelerator. But I find the Manual gives you more of a driving experience and keeps you in control. Saying that, when I had my Auto I always had it in 'Manual' mode when driving urban.

For just 5k you are definately looking at Autos only I think mate. Good luck ;)

Thanks mate - im a bit of a lazy driver so ill probably be happy with an auto - not like this is my last supra anyway so maybe a manual next time round :sly:

Personally, having owned both manual and auto (tiptronic) Supra's, I would go for the manual mate. Dont get me wrong, like many members on here will verify, the auto's are great boxes, and really fast and smooth. However, for a performance car like a TT, I would always go with manual.

Without wanting to labour on other points mentioned, you will also have more difficulty selling the TT down the line if it is an auto. Fact is, the majority of people want the manual versions. They clearly retain there value far better...

Just my opinion...

Hi,

ive just found a MINT j spec car within my budget. this things got documented history like you wouldnt believe!! previous owners have all spent mega bucks on her!!! suffice to say i have put a deposit down and will be spending most of saturday on the countries motorways getting used to the car *cough cough* :eyebrows:

pics should be going up saturday.

FINALLY!!!!

hiten