The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lag... :(

grahamc

Jeez you've changed your tune Jamie LOL

Lag is a royal PITA for a fast road car. You will not notice it on dualies or Motorways becuase then you can change gear, but around the twisties it is infuriating. I have had a 74GTS & mega quick spooling GT35R hybrid, and the later was sooo much more fun to drive.

Terry how do the hybrid gt35R's stack up on auto's?? this is an option I was considering?

Guest Terry S
Terry how do the hybrid gt35R's stack up on auto's?? this is an option I was considering?

Would be a very good combo IMO. Similar to a T61 with slightly faster spool.

Would be a very good combo IMO. Similar to a T61 with slightly faster spool.

agreed, the 35R is a cracking turbo. Very fast spool and will push up to around 600hp IIRC using the biggest hotside. There are a few batardised ones around now that use a divided tang t4 housing too, as the original uses a t3 hotside. Though its not a big deal, simply use a t3-t4 converter or weld a t3 flange to the manifold.

Its the turbo I ran on my VVTi. Very good for manuals. Made 550 bhp 520 ft/lb torque on pump fuel, stock cams. Let me know if you need one.

Not looking right now, but will be in the not too distant future.

Basically sorting everything else first...

engine

fuel system

aem ecu

exhaust

induction

cams (264/264)

fmic

brakes - good brakes are a must!

after this lot, will be suspension and diff, then comes the single turbo.

Guest Terry S

OK just a heads up on the 35R. If you are using a BL kit you would need a hard pipe oil return to miss the manifold. The T61DBB fits without issue and is available as a complete kit now with water lines.

Guest Terry S
agreed, the 35R is a cracking turbo. Very fast spool and will push up to around 600hp IIRC using the biggest hotside. There are a few batardised ones around now that use a divided tang t4 housing too, as the original uses a t3 hotside. Though its not a big deal, simply use a t3-t4 converter or weld a t3 flange to the manifold.

You can buy a GT35R in T4 now.

As said before, a decent mapper with a good ECU should be able to sort most of it out, I have hardly any lag, if any :)

I think anything over 550 - 600hp on the road is silly and there are plenty of turbos in that power bracket which have great spool.