The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fitted facelifted lights to pre-facelift car?

Rayman

Let me know how you get on mas!

Sure mate will let you know how it goes but what Jake said was true....................

If you fit facelift headlights to a pre-facelift Supra you will also want to fit the facelift style front indicators and sidelights. Apart from the fact that sidelights are a legal requirement, the prefacelift indicators look shit. If you're going to the expensive of making your car look like a facelift one you may as well do the indicators too.

Personally I would rather have the UK headlights than the facelift ones :shrug:

........... Now that I asked Jon to fit the side lights in my facelift lights just remembered that I have bought a set of facelift clear indicators fron Nic (they arrived today together with HKS BOV and BLUE DEFI gauges ;) ) any way now I ended up with 2 lots of side lights (inside the headlights and the ones in the indicators):D you think that 'd be ok or it will look naf????

now I ended up with 2 lots of side lights (inside the headlights and the ones in the indicators):D you think that 'd be ok or it will look naf????

I think that'll look fine. You can always disconnect the ones inside the headlights if you don't like then.

As Jake said, if you fit the facelift headlights the best thing to do is to also fit the facelift indicators/sidelights. You will then need to splice the wire from the facelift sidelights, to the wire that use to power the sidelights within the pre-facelift headlights.

I have facelift headlights and indicator/sidelights in stock if needed, see details here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=76750