The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many people have replaced their dash leds?

Underworld

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Quick tip, if you are doing this DONT buy the el wire crap off ebay lol. I plugged it into my cigarette lighter and it started to catch on fire!!. Doubt they are going to refund me either....

I used the stuff from ebay and it was fine, pain in the arse to fit it behind the buttons though.

Which one did you use?

I got http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-NEON-TUBE-WIRE-EL-WIRE-LED-SUBS-AMP-6X9s-DASH_W0QQitemZ140038587077QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72237QQcmdZViewItem

It seemed the wiring in the bit that plugs into the cigarette lighter was crap.

Can't find it on there at the minute, it was a while ago I did mine. The stuff i got didn't plug into the lighter, there were just two wires which I tapped into the wires for the ashtray light.

Yea not cool. Oh well ive ordered mine from the propper people, hopefully that will work! The last thing I wanted was for my car to randomly set on fire or anything.

Would be cool if you updated the guide with your new way of using leds! Do you make a long thin bit of board to back onto the buttons?

Yea not cool. Oh well ive ordered mine from the propper people, hopefully that will work! The last thing I wanted was for my car to randomly set on fire or anything.

Would be cool if you updated the guide with your new way of using leds! Do you make a long thin bit of board to back onto the buttons?

yeah, pretty much. I'll get round to updating the site early next year now, as I'm off to afghanistan on monday :D:D

ah heckler!! i wasnt so sure if you were still about or already over there but i bet your lssa day count is going through the roof :)

i might just wait to see this new idea and just replace all the other little leds before doing the heater control part

477 and counting ;)