The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help guys - FMIC and Radiator advice

Sheefa

To be honest Greg, I'm not really that impressed with the core. It is most definitely a budget core, as I imagine most of the cheap ones are.

Have you thought about one of the Hybrid ones? I saw one on Andyhannah's car and the core was surprisingly good quality (well, looked it anyway! :) )

Edited to say - Greg, if you're ever over this way (South Derbyshire / Burton-on-Trent) feel free to give me a shout and you can see the intercooler for yourself :)

Thats the company Marty :) As mentioned before, the IC's are better than having a knackered unit but are no replacement for stock or comparible with some of the branded makes in terms of quality

agreed, though it would be interesting to see some figures for CAT's vs IAT's and IC Pressure drop against the named brands :)

Thanks guys and thanks Bob for the invite drop-round mate!

Will certainly drop you a PM if I'm that way.

I think I may just bite the 'financial' bullet and get this done properly - whether by a CW SMIC or a decent HKS/Greddy FMIC depends on pricing and delivery!

Cheers and night guys. :)

Greg

The Hybrid IC's are exactly the same core Bob.

The welding and general look of the hybrid was a lot better than these ones, so I would say that they're not exactly the same at all. Similar end tanks, yes, but better construction on the part of the hybrid.