The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you have

Daston

Well i wasnt kidding but go on?:D I think that top gear thing on porsches has give me the wrong impression lol

They (the 964) are easily as reliable as a Supra, if not more so. The only niggle is RMS, which wasn't a problem on most 964's, and iirc never a problem on any 911 turbo. Parts are eye watering though.

I bought this a few months ago, after the " I fancy a porsche trip"again.

After a week the trip had gone, so i retailed it.

Ive had a few 911s but they just dont do it for me!

What was wrong? I lov em but dont think there's much value for money in the older models at all, i know your buying into the badge and all that but still supra offers much better bang for buck!:D

They (the 964) are easily as reliable as a Supra, if not more so. The only niggle is RMS, which wasn't a problem on most 964's, and iirc never a problem on any 911 turbo. Parts are eye watering though.

:yeahthat:

The cost of parts just like Toyota parts depends on who and where you get them and if you want branded names. God knows Toyota Main dealers know how to charge too when it comes to the supra.

What was wrong? I lov em but dont think there's much value for money in the older models at all, i know your buying into the badge and all that but still supra offers much better bang for buck!:D

Carry that on to the Nth degree and we'd all be after £50 Carlton GSi's...

Put it in your current account and show-off to the girls every time you take £10 out of the cash point; ensuring that they see your bank account total that is! You'll get more 'results' that way mate - the chicks will also think that there's cash at the end of the tunnel, rather than just a ride in a car.;) :eyebrows:

Better than a homo porsche too!:tongue:

To be honest i cant really put my finger on it, i am a car dealer by trade and buy a lot of performance cars, but my passion is older retro stuff.

I guess i compare every car to the supra which 110%

does it for me, looks,sound,speed,and since i did the single turbo conversion its like a petrolheads dream!

You really do have a lot of money to blow dont ya :lol:

They can be tuned very well, but its bloody expensive.

Indeed- but to quote someone who had a R34 GTR and swapped it for a 911:

"I got pissed off throwing money at "tuners" to learn how to do their job, leaving me out of pocket when it went wrong, so I bought some Pork and had it tuned and garrantee'd by people who *knew* what they were doing and have never looked back."

You still have to be wise picking your Porsche tuner- RUF costs, but they have cast iron garrantees, Techart are good but expensive, 9ff are cowboys- everyone else is in the middle.

As with anything in life, you get what you pay for, and there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I have owned a twin supra, R32 GTR, Single Supra and 911 to name but a few and I would ask if you have ever driven a 911 because unless you have a turbo and i dont know if your budget will allow that, they are not as exciting or quick as you think, my single supra has much more power and luxury that any 'cheaper' 911, I have a 25 year old 944 as my daily driver now and I love it and all for 3K !!;)

Indeed- but to quote someone who had a R34 GTR and swapped it for a 911:

"I got pissed off throwing money at "tuners" to learn how to do their job, leaving me out of pocket when it went wrong, so I bought some Pork and had it tuned and garrantee'd by people who *knew* what they were doing and have never looked back."

But that has nothing to do with the car, just the people he sent it to to work on.

But getting a 450bhp Supra say costs 5k or less, but that for a porka would probably cost a whole lot more, its generally a more expensive car to tune, like the Supra is over a corsa!