272in/264ex vs 256in/264ex cam setup test results

Ian C

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its fair to say that Ian is the only one to do back to back tests on the same car which shows it came out worse.

As mentioned before it prob would still be an improvement over stock.

I am now torn between either 256/264 and 264/264 :(

But how can you disregard the findings of that guy on SF?

Findings or claims? I saw Ken Henderson shot it down in flames with pretty much the same results and conclusions I got, and he did his testing on a dyno :shrug:

This quote from Ken is quite interesting:

"Guys jumped on the reverse staggered cam bandwagon without any definitive or objective data and relying upon anecdotal data from a 3S-GTE motor that's not applicable to the 2JZ-GTE. In addition, all the reverse staggered cams I recall reading about were a comparison to the OEM cam set-up rather than the cam upgrade combos noted above"

So it appears this inverse stagger setup was all a bit of a cock up, and the 2JZ head doesn't like it.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I've satisfied myself nicely that the cam setup I've got is better than the one Poggie talked about. I'm not trying to score points or win wars - If anyone wants to try the 272in/264ex setup, then please do (and buy my cam cough) and if your findings appreciably differ from mine then I would love to work with you to find out what I did wrong.

-Ian

• 1 month later...

This from Ken Henderson:

"Special thanks to the U.K. crew, IanC, Wez and Alex Holdroyd. These guys have consistently, persistently and diplomatically brought attention to this issue, sharing IanC's own test results and otherwise working to help guys make the right cam selection decisions. You guys are a credit to the community."

Recognition from the US quarter is something I think we should be proud of :friday:

-Ian

This from Ken Henderson:

"Special thanks to the U.K. crew, IanC, Wez and Alex Holdroyd. These guys have consistently, persistently and diplomatically brought attention to this issue, sharing IanC's own test results and otherwise working to help guys make the right cam selection decisions. You guys are a credit to the community."

Recognition from the US quarter is something I think we should be proud of :friday:

-Ian

Indeed. Thanks chaps.