The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Figures Table

Theo

I can't see this doing any harm. If somebody wants to do it I think it would be a good 'rough guide' to what the Supra is capable of with certain mods.

Also, cant see why fly figures cant be submitted too. Just add a column with the percentage they used to calculate the losses.

Simple headings like:

Car / Mods / Boost / Rwhp / Fly / Loss % / Dyno Centre

Then anyone looking at the table can make their own assumptions about different loss calculatuions or dyno centres.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RWHP figures then an agreed calc to produce the flywheel would be the best idea. A scan of the dyno chart too.

Ian C:

Lets jsut see how it goes mate, not harm in givin it a go... I'll be very vigilant!! i know whats capable of what and i wont stick any rubbish up!

Lets jsut see how it goes mate, not harm in givin it a go... I'll be very vigilant!! i know whats capable of what and i wont stick any rubbish up!

But that is just the problem. So how are you gong to decide what is correct and what is rubbish? How are you going to differentiate between different dyno's on diffferent days etc.

One final question (to all not just Matt), what is this in aid of? Of what use are the final figures going to be?

But that is just the problem. So how are you gong to decide what is correct and what is rubbish? How are you going to differentiate between different dyno's on diffferent days etc.

One final question (to all not just Matt), what is this in aid of? Of what use are the final figures going to be?

Every dyno will go up (within reason), if theres a decrepency then its up to public opinion.

Just a couple of the top of my head! :D

Something for club members to get involved in. See how their supra compares to others, what sort of stuff is needed for certain gains, a look at the really powerful supras, a look at how the N/As / NA-T's go, a look at similar HP cars and how they have achieved there power, a laugh to see how far up the chart you can get with different mods etc over time, a look at how the 6 speeds stack up agaisnt the autos, JSPEC vs UK, a quick referance to any queries about bhp, especially for the new memebers who are interested in looking at whats acievable, instead of the constant questions and same replies. If you interested in BHP, this is the place to go.

Every dyno will go up (within reason), if theres a decrepency then its up to public opinion.

Just a couple of the top of my head! :D

Something for club members to get involved in. See how their supra compares to others, what sort of stuff is needed for certain gains, a look at the really powerful supras, a look at how the N/As / NA-T's go, a look at similar HP cars and how they have achieved there power, a laugh to see how far up the chart you can get with different mods etc over time, a look at how the 6 speeds stack up agaisnt the autos, JSPEC vs UK, a quick referance to any queries about bhp, especially for the new memebers who are interested in looking at whats acievable, instead of the constant questions and same replies. If you interested in BHP, this is the place to go.

I do not wish to curb your obvious enthusiasm, but that is so pie in the sky it isn't even funny.

There is no way on this earth that you are going to be able to post up anything that is remotely meaningful as you will have too many variables. The only thing you will achieve is to give some people a hard on as their car shows bigger figures than someone else.

True comparative figures (and then not exactly) can only be achieved on the same dyno, on the same day under the self same conditions.

I do not wish to curb your obvious enthusiasm, but that is so pie in the sky it isn't even funny.

There is no way on this earth that you are going to be able to post up anything that is remotely meaningful as you will have too many variables. The only thing you will achieve is to give some people a hard on as their car shows bigger figures than someone else.

True comparative figures (and then not exactly) can only be achieved on the same dyno, on the same day under the self same conditions.

I totally see what you're saying but surely you can say that about MONKEYmarks drag strip times. for example...

-Different strips

-Was the strip prepared properly

-Type of tyres used

-Type of fuel used

-Time of the year

-Outside temperature

-Wind direction

At the end of the day its just an indication and yes it not fail proof but its only a bit of fun and gives other people some indication of what sort of drag strip times you can achieve.

So whats the issue with adapting this format for mods = BHP ?

If there are enough stats gathered then averages can be obtained thus smoothes out those over the top BHP read outs. Plus with these stats it would/should highlight those known rogue rolling road companies that over inflate the results and therefore can be avoided. Yes it might provoke discussion and possibly some arguments but surely thats the point of a forum...to air your opinions and discuss...?

The information that can be gathered from 1,000's of members is very powerful and can be used to obtain some interesting data... do you not agree ?

I'm totally up for this, Matt if you need any help in gathering information etc let me know.