The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Right does your car get more looks from Chicks or guys??

Geo

i always like to look at the drivers faces coming toward me the young lads give the thumbs up or flash there lights but the best ones are the porsche/merc drivers they pretend not to look but as they go past you can see em giving it a glance id love to know what there thinking.:D

yeah spot on!

:p

mine is every type of person. I get guys staring as they go by looking for a badge. Ive had people walk around my car at petrol station whilst im filling up, trying to work out what it is!

Girls love it, but i dont like the attention, the abflug means everybody looks, they cant help it :(

I like it when you get a porsche boxster who has too move over to let you through and you can see the blonde is impressed in the passanger seat. So i slow down and no matter how slow i go they never come back by :D

The lads round my area are tw@ts tbh. The lot of them drive modded corsas, scoobies and pugs andf there's plenty of them. I think they purposely refuse to look at my car! That's probably why it got keyed though. It depends on your area. I live in a nice quiet and sought after place (Solihull) and the Supra stands out amongst all the BMWs, Porsches and Mercs.

It always fascinates me so that's a bonus too ;)

Guys scream abuse, most girls love it, but some girls absolutely hate it, and also scream abuse, older people scream abuse, and so do middle aged people

Maybe its just me :(

Sounds like there's alot of abuse being thrown in your direction mate, :D . I get looks from all walks of life, an all ages, the best ones are the little kids who stare and point saying, "look at that mum/dad". The looks from good looking girls are welcome :eyebrows: , but to much attention from to many people, (like if your stuck in traffic) can be a little too much.

I get lots of looks and shouts from teenage girls, I find older women such as my wife and sisters in law dont like it (until they want a lift somewhere!)

I do get lots of looks and shouts from blokes of all ages. Once had an old guy shout "nice Porsche" at me:blink: and the funniest had to be one day I was driving past a group of teenagers, one of the lads saw the car, shouted and swung his arm up to point at it and smacked his girlfriend in the face in the process!

I can't believe overall the amount of attention it gets, every time I go out and clean it, every man and his dog wants to stop and have a chat about it:)

Thats just great:d

Guest GirlRacer!
guys definately, get a lot of double takes, but that may be because its a woman driving it, any other girlies find this?

yep!! The car definitely gets loads of attention - mainly lots of stares from guys, but some girls too.... although the guys are usually grinning and raising their eyebrows, and the girls always seem to be in beamers, mercs, boxters or TTs and just look down their nose at me!! :rolleyes:

The best was a group of 13/14 year olds waiting at the traffic lights and a few of them were completely open-mouthed watching it go by!!! :drool:

And I did have a guy and his girlfriend walk past me at a t-junction and the girl said "woah look at the Ferrari"!! BIG chuckle! :D

I have to admit i get alot more blokes :cry:

Leant my car to a mate when i went on holiday and he kept saying how my car was a babe magnet and he had girls coming over to him while he waited to pick the misses up :(

James, the only people that look at your car, are mechanics! :rlol:

:( Sorry. I'll go to bed now.

Now that I am home in Northern Ireland, i find that the guys who sit in their chaved up novas and corsas in our street (Bit of a national passtime over here) always check the car out as it goes past.

Also before coming back I had an interesting incident.

In my last workplace, the girls had arranged a girls night out but and in his hormone overbalanced state one of the guys said that we would give them a lift into Reading.

So on the night they went out, we all drove to where we were meeting them and parked up in a line.

We were taking bets on which car would be snapped up by the ladies first, I personally didn't think i would have much of a chance as there was a Porsche convertible thingy, a bright red Audi S3, one of those convertible Volvos and a Convertible 206. Also as it was a sunny day all convertibles were topless - gits.

Anyways, I was astounded when the first 3 girls out went straight to the supra. We waited until all the girls had picked a car, and it was this point that i realised that all the girls hated me due to certain opinions I may or may not have expressed about their ability to do our type of work. As I walked over all i heard was "Oh, its his car", however as all other cars were full they had no choice, so I used the opportunity to wind them up as much as possible on the way there.