The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Exhaust

boombastictiger

ok im confused..

I looked under my car today and saw from the current muffler, 2 pipes twisted that go off in opposite directions..(a bit like a v shape), and they fold back round, and connect again in the middle next to the engine...on each of these 2 pipes there is a box, which I thought was the catalic convertors....with the new muffler and piping i dont see how the 2 pipes with what I thought was the catalic convertors will fit...

could someone post a picture of what under thier car looks like...or where the catalic convertors would be situated...iv really confused myself....but excited at the same time..

If you give me five minutes I'll put a full system together in the garden and get you some pics :D

Ok just an update on some info on this exhaust...

The piping actually sits higher than the original system...which means even less chance of banging it on speed bumps...the actual muffler part itself is just a bit lower BUT, if you recall the ORIGINAL OEM muffler had 2 pipes that twisted and went down then branched off to the 2 backboxes...the new muffler is as low as the pipes from the old muffler...

OK WAIT IS OVER...

HERE IS A PRIMARY SOUND FILE OF THE EXHAUST INSIDE A CAR PARK....THE MIC IS NOT TO GOOD SO APOLOGIES...

HERE IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE SOUND FILES

http://uploaded.to/?id=e849a3

http://uploaded.to/?id=7d8758

IT SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER IN REAL LIFE.....IM GOING TO RECORD SOME OUTSIDE TOMORROW AT MY OTHER JOB..

DOWNLOAD...