The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shell V Power

Jonty

No noticeable performance tbh, not impressed me much.

They're all a waste of time IMO. You're better off adding 10% Toluene mix but even then unless you're running a single turbo with aftermarket ECU that can be mapped to take advantage of it you're not going to notice any difference. It's an added degree of safety though.

http://www.shellpluspoints.com/welcome/AboutVPower.asp

"Shell V-Power Fuel

Performance - Shell V-Power fuel has an Octane Rating of 99 RON

Shell V-Power is the new and improved performance fuel available from Shell in the UK. Building on the highly successful Shell Optimax formulation, it is designed to provide even higher levels of performance and bring drivers further enhancements in responsiveness for modern vehicles.

Shell V-Power has an octane rating of 99 RON and is designed to provide more power and responsiveness in many modern cars. Performance benefits can be obtained with higher-octane fuels in many vehicles fitted with knock sensors, by avoiding the need for the engine management system to de-tune the engine when knock occurs."

They're all a waste of time IMO. You're better off adding 10% Toluene mix but even then unless you're running a single turbo with aftermarket ECU that can be mapped to take advantage of it you're not going to notice any difference. It's an added degree of safety though.

Yep I agree Ive being tryin to locate some touluene over here,not as easily got unfortuanetely.

No noticeable performance tbh, not impressed me much.

You have to remember that when they claim up to 4 octane points, that means 95 octane will go up to 95.4.

They tend to be less effective on high-octane fuel.

It also depends on the concentration ofcourse, if you pour it in a big tank it will be less than that.

Bad value for money in my view.

There are far more efficient ways to boost octane content.

Guest Supra_Kid
There seems to be alot of interest in Shells new improved formula as I work with the Shell Fuels Group at Stanlow where V Power is made, I asked the V Power team if they would give me the Shell Web site reference - here it is.....

Clearly they will not provide the secret formula - bit like Coke - however hope it answers a few questions. Great fuel and a mega invesmtment in R&D to pull off - F1 expertise defo transfered into street fuel for us :) mkae your own minds up !

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=uk-en&FC2=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/introduction.html

im defo getting better mpg, im getting about 60 miles more to a tank, was using esso top stuff and only getting about 230 now im getting 290 before fuel light comes on , nd driving like a granny lol:d

You have to remember that when they claim up to 4 octane points, that means 95 octane will go up to 95.4.

They tend to be less effective on high-octane fuel.

It also depends on the concentration ofcourse, if you pour it in a big tank it will be less than that.

Bad value for money in my view.

There are far more efficient ways to boost octane content.

Directions read full bottle per 60L, I think I mixed it first time at bottle/40L felt nothing, then bottle/30L still felt nothing.

And yes bad value to say the least.

Some info found.

http://www.sportscarforums.com/f13/toluene-my-octane-booster-choice-3257.html