The mkiv Supra Owners Club

All Bomexed up with nowhere to go !!

dude

100% genuine....Yeh im sure the moulds are bang on. Knowing my luck i had the apprentice laminater laying mine up:p

Saying that i did get it from SupraStore.com:innocent:

Never the less the end result is spot on. I would comprise with any other bumper:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by dude

If youve got quality issues then they cant be genuine , ALL the ones ive had are virtually pin hole free and fit really well , by far my favorite nose to fit by a long way , as regards catty does anyone remember that fat lazy old cat who never left his bedroom ???? what was his name ???

Dude:flame Dev

Err..Bagpuss m8:innocent:

Adam - see that will teach you not to buy them off us!

:p

Glad it's sorted though - funny but none of ours have been like that

But they have come from Japan and not USA

We dont sell the old cast offs!!

Not wanting to start another fight but Dude you have to agree Racing Hart wheels are good, come on!

I was told that the Bomex bumpers were made in somewhere like Korea now! Not Japan anymore, and the fibreglass not being hand laid anymore like other Jap bumpers, there now just put in a mould like other cheaper bumpers.

Saying that i love the design of the Bomex bumpers, and for the price they rival the Stillen if not better it, maybe not on quality but looks wise the Bomex wins in my book.

One last point, i've just bought some Veilside skirts & spats from Paul E and the quality on them is great, and there just moulded from fibreglass i think, also the bodyshop said they were a very good fit. So TBH i guess it's all about money, how much do you want to pay etc.....

Paul

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Not wanting to start another fight but Dude you have to agree Racing Hart wheels are good, come on!

Of course they are good - but then there would be no fun winding Gaz up would it!

:stickpoke

And it is like shooting fish in a barrel!:p

Glad the skirts etc are good m8 and PPS (?) are quite well respected I understand:thumbs:

I was told Bomex bumpers ... fibreglass not being hand laid anymore like other Jap bumpers, there now just put in a mould like other cheaper bumpers.

Eh? Even hand-laid GRP is still done in a mould isn't it?

I was told that the Bomex bumpers were made in somewhere like Korea now! Not Japan anymore, and the fibreglass not being hand laid anymore like other Jap bumpers, there now just put in a mould like other cheaper bumpers.

Saying that i love the design of the Bomex bumpers, and for the price they rival the Stillen if not better it, maybe not on quality but looks wise the Bomex wins in my book.

One last point, i've just bought some Veilside skirts & spats from Paul E and the quality on them is great, and there just moulded from fibreglass i think, also the bodyshop said they were a very good fit. So TBH i guess it's all about money, how much do you want to pay etc.....

Paul

Im really not up/into wheels Paul i wouldnt know a Racing Hart from a Weller !!!!:flame Dev

Someone state the difference in Hand Laid Jap fibreglass.

For me or you? I know the difference. The way I read it, seemed like you thought hand laid grp doesn't get made in a mould.

Personally I couldn't care less where they are made as long as the quality is good. Besides, just because something is hand-laid is no guarantee of its quality.

All F.glass products come from a mould and 95% f.glass is shite , it just happens IMO the Bomex is less shite than most others , if your worried about quality go stillen , they are urethane , different ball game

Originally posted by Jake

Are they the only ones that aren't fibreglass?

I agree with you that fibreglass is a crap material for making car parts from.

I believe so allthough Terry S is the one with the rubber fetish , he's the best one to ask !!!!!:limp: