The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My crash. Thoughts on the write-up/diagram.

carl0s

Id say they were speeding and that with the distance they were away from the junction you thought you had sufficient time to turn across the junction but defo never admit it was your fault my brothers missus works with this stuff and said most of the time now you get 50/50 blame for nearly all crashes.

FFS, what's wrong with just telling the truth? State the facts as you see them and leave it at that.

My other half has spent the last 9 months being messed around by another party who is telling lies about a serious accident he caused, he walked away from a relatively undamaged company vehicle while two young ladies got out of a smashed up car, continue to be out of pocket and have to attend physio every week. The passenger (where the lorry hit) is so affected that she can't get into a car without bursting into tears, the week before she was having driving lessons and saving for a car.

Just make it easy for all those involved, tell the truth, state the facts and let the corporate monkey types so the rest.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, what's wrong with just telling the truth? State the facts as you see them and leave it at that.

My other half has spent the last 9 months being messed around by another party who is telling lies about a serious accident he caused, he walked away from a relatively undamaged company vehicle while two young ladies got out of a smashed up car, continue to be out of pocket and have to attend physio every week. The passenger (where the lorry hit) is so affected that she can't get into a car without bursting into tears, the week before she was having driving lessons and saving for a car.

Just make it easy for all those involved, tell the truth, state the facts and let the corporate monkey types so the rest.

Fair point!I now retract my eariler statement. :innocent:

I was in a crash when i was 18 that wasnt my fault. I was driving along a main road and a car hit me and the the blokes i now work with turned out and got me out. I still have trouble with my knee from it and go to the physio and i got nothing at all just the money for the car back as the people driving the other car did a runner and it wasnt registered. When it came to my claim they said it was 50/50 my fault because i was driving. How do they work that out when im going in a straight line and they ram me?

Plus if it happened to me id hope the other person wouldnt lie about stuff.

Sorry to hear about your missus hope they recover fully.

Isn't it funny how I've received a letter from the injury lawyers before I've been able to get any details from Greater Manchester Police!

The Accident Clerk seems to be part time, and the lady who (eventually) answered her phone, after endless 'answerphone..hangup..redial's said they didn't know the password to her computer.

The HO/RT2 producer documents, with mine and her details on, have been sat waiting in an in-tray for a week..

"colliding with our client's correctly proceeding vehichle" ....

Did anyone else see her indicator was still on mate?

There was only one witness, and he didn't see her indicators. He didn't say they were or were not on, just that all he saw was me pull out.

At this stage I think I'd be pushing things in the direction of her indicating on purpose to cause an accident so that she could claim compensation.

The only thing that makes me think 'no, surely not', is that she had her daughter in the car. Would anybody be so stupid to do that with a kiddie in the car?

Did your impact smash the indicator that was flashing?

Forensics can test the bulb to see what state it was in at the time of impact if it comes to that.

Her car has been taken away now by the insurers' repairer, so I can't look at the damage but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the headlights were smashed. She ended up in the railing with my bumper stuck to her car.

If forensics were to check, it's only 50/50 that the bulb was lit when smashed anyway, since they flash on/off..

I'm thinking about traffic cameras. Haven't seen any there but I'll be going back to have a good look.

The number of times I have talked about and thought about in car recording, even found perfect little 2gb SD-Card 2ch miniature video records on eBay for ~£70...

If forensics were to check, it's only 50/50 that the bulb was lit when smashed anyway, since they flash on/off..

They can tell regardless of it flashing at the time or not, if it was on then the bulb will be hotter than usual, they run all kinds of tests, it's a bit CSI but they can tell.

• 2 weeks later...
Link? :)

If you're interested, I have decided to bite the bullet and buy one of these 2ch motion detection recorders, and a couple of different cameras.

I'll report back on how good/bad it is. I suspect it's going to be very poor at night, when the car is broken into, but should be great for capturing accidents etc.

I have bought a CMOS camera, which is 2cm square, and a 1/4" CCD which looks small but doesn't specify dimensions, but which supposedly has better low light sensitivity (

Here's what I've bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330035611711

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160035671245

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250035852122